Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just bought 88 944 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 03:47 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evan,

I just now saw your original post about your '88 951 S. Wow! What a great deal, and to think that you have Tom Charlesworth, the only American to ever go through Porsche training at the Porsche HQ... You lucky guy! Congrats!

Old 12-21-2004, 06:12 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amr's going to be pissed. Cause he was looking at that car. I was supposed to go down and check it out with him...I guess you got it first. lol. Anyways congrats on the car and you got a hell of a deal. From what I understand that car was in pretty decent mechanical shape so just get the usual prevenative maintance done to it and check that motor mount and you should be gtg. Enjoy the car and glad to see you are back in the family. Shes beautiful
Old 12-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Evan70
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, apparently there were quite a few people that were going to go look at it over the weekend. That's why I went down Friday.

I already got the motor mounts replaced, the belts changed and all the fluids done. Of course, right after I got it back the TPS started acting up, so I'm waiting on that, wires, distributor cap and rotor (already did plugs) to come in (should be here tomorrow). When the TPS isn't acting up the car runs great. It pulls really well and seems to hold boost really well (just under 2 on the stock gauge). I'm also going to put in an AFR9 from Rennbay to at least give me some idea what the A/F is (besides, the stock clock is broken), and I'm going to replace the crappy "premium" stereo with a Kenwood Sirius unit with a sub.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:22 PM
4re308
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Evan! Great buy dude! You cannot beat that price for a Turbo S. As far as the beautiful interior, my 89 Turbo S has the same interior colors. I was told that the bi-color interiors are rather rare and supposedly sought after! Mazol Tov on a terrific purchase!

Quick Reply: Just bought 88 944 Turbo S