Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Greddy Profec B Spec II Installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:10 AM
Tb311
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Profec B Spec II Installed

Well I installed the profec B spec to today and I have a few questions. First off I installed it in a sigle port mode even though I have a dual port (I got lazy and didnt feel like removing the wastegate tonite) and I was wondering what the advantage is between dual and single since, its working fine right now? Anyways I placed the main unit in the glove box by removing the plastic tube that goes to the side of the glove box, I was wondering what this tube does and if its neccessary? Also I was wondering if you guys know how to tune this thing. I got it to where Im boosting 15 psi but whats all the stuff about gain, and start boost?
Old 12-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Tb311
Racer

Anyone?
Old 12-11-2004, 01:57 AM
Diver944
Pro

The plastic tube into the glovebox will be from the A/C to keep your gloves nice and cool during the summer
Old 12-11-2004, 02:28 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Diver944
The plastic tube into the glovebox will be from the A/C to keep your gloves nice and cool during the summer

Or heat things up in winter
Old 12-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

The gain and start boost affect how fast the boost hits and how fast the turbo spools up. start turning one up at a time until you start overboosting, then turn it back just a little till you don't overboost anymore. or don't do anything at all if you like the way it is.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:43 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

SET-- This mode is used to set the desired boost pressure. The % set in this mode is not the actual boost pressure. This feature controls the duty rate of the valve unit which controls the boost. Raise the % to increase the boost, and lower % to decrease the boost.

GAIN---- This mode is used to adjust the boost consistency. When boost spike occurs, lower the gain value. when boost falls off at high rpm ,or boost increases as rpm increases raise the gain value. Even if the set boost is not changed by increasing the gain value if will increase the boost.

START BOOST---This mode is used to adjust the boost response. this feature basically adjust when to start opening the wastgate. If the start boost value is closer to the start boost value the spool up will be faster. If it is to close to the set boost, it will cause the boost to spike. How to adjust= While in boost mode ,press the set nobe 2 times to show the current start boost settings. start boost mode is indicated by set and display it will return to boost display after 4 sec turn the **** to the desired start boost value. if the mode switch is pressed while in the start boost mode it will cancel out out and return back to pevious settings. Press the set **** to confirm the settings.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Tb311
Racer

Ah ok thanks guys, I'll be messing around with the controller tonite

Quick Reply: Greddy Profec B Spec II Installed