Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Proof that the clear indicator lens is cool

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 06:24 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob- I agree- i think the lenses look especially good w/the silver paint- now I'm considering them dammit... like I NEEDED another way to spend $ on for this car.... ....wait... is that silver....? the bigger pic almost looks sort of grey....

Also, Rob- 3.0L 8v? Is this for a turbo or NA? What are your plans? Who is building this beast? I'm really trying to make some decisions on what I'm going to do- I have 178K on stock bottom end w/Powerhouse head, 2.5" Bursch w/3" SFR catback (too loud, but, working on that- trying to add another 3" muffler in there somewhere...) & no other mods- head has been on ~30K.... I'm wanting at least 300RWHP/TQ & was planning on just a rebuild w/MAF, K27/8, chips, EBC, WG, port matched manifold (since I already have the head) no balance shafts, & mild crank & FW work... I keep thinking though- the dream comes & goes- a 2.8L JM stroker w/all of the above or possibly slightly more disp.... Also considering Scott Gomes- curious to know if balance shafts really would be good to get rid of- Gomes says he removes them from EVERY engine he builds- he says crank & FW balancing will make them completetly unnecessary- JM says that he deletes them from all short-stroke engines, but, leaves them on w/long-stroke (S2/968 crank).... Anyway, just curious....

thanks.,...
Old 01-22-2005, 07:08 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robby:

Hello my friend. As you know, we can spend silly money on these stupid cars. But hey, you only live once............ right?

And yes, my car 3.0L is for a turbo. Please check out my P-Car Profile on my signature. Just click on it and you'll go to my home page. That should answer a lot of your questions. Also, you can send me a PM, ok? I don't want to hi-jack this thread about lenses.

Let me know...

Old 01-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Hello my friend. As you know, we can spend silly money on these stupid cars. But hey, you only live once............ right?

And yes, my car 3.0L is for a turbo. Please check out my P-Car Profile on my signature. Just click on it and you'll go to my home page. That should answer a lot of your questions. Also, you can send me a PM, ok? I don't want to hi-jack this thread about lenses.

You're right about that..... I'll click on the link right now... I'm about to pass out on my computer- didn't even SEE the link a minute ago... I got off work a few hours ago & it's a little after 6AM here (as you know- EST, right?) & I have to work all day tommorrow in a few hours.... Anyway, I'll bookmark the thread & then come back to it in the next few days... I'm sure I'll have a FEW questions... probably more than you'll want to answer.... A 3.0L Turbo is too rare not to be interested in.....

Thanks
Old 01-22-2005, 07:29 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok pal. Just PM me if you like. And yes it's 6:30AM est here too. I just couldnt sleep.

Go to bed, talk later.

Quick Reply: Proof that the clear indicator lens is cool