AZ Rennlisters Respond!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Rich9928p
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ944
Hey Rich, can I check out your GTS? That's my fantasy car (there's one on DupontRegistry with 15K miles for $45K...). 5 speed??
Sure. It is Amazon Green ... is an A/T .... with 5.4 liters there is plenty of power to move the machine.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:51 PM
AZ Stevo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
For the lukers out there, now's your time to post...........

That would be me...also a regular of the house of Himsel. All I know is he has helped out me and many others in the area. Faithless asked a question and he gave his opinion based on what he knew and saw. Bottom line is... if your happy with where you take your car, so be it. Me, I"ll hang around his garage and learn to wrench on it myself.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Exotic Motorwerks
I do not know who Jeremy is so I cannot pass judgment on him or his post. I would expect the same from him, but it appears as if misinformation has jaded his view of our shop. I would only ask that Jeremy not pass judgment until he has come to our shop and met us.

I am well aware of the customer Jeremy speaks of. He refused the work necessary to properly repair his car and did some work himself.... I can only imagine what that might have been. Since we offer a two year parts and labor warranty on all of our work, why did the customer not come back? Two reasons, he refused the appropriate work which left his car in the condition Jeremy first saw it in. When it left our shop it did not build boost among other things. The second reason is that we allowed the customer to use his car to "go to the bank" to get funds to pay his bill. We are still waiting for him. Although the account has been sent to collections..... we have never been paid for the work we did do.

There are always two sides to every story and it is usually best to reserve judgment until hearing both sides. We'd like to meet any of you, but if you are satisfied with your shop and the service you are receiving, keep working with them. We have received cars and customers from every shop mentioned above. Each of those customers has had serious and legitimate complaints. I always give the shop the benefit of the doubt because many times a customer will ask you to cut corners.

Regards to all of you.
Yolanda,

Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier but I was out of town on vacation for a few days. I do appreciate your reasonable response. My perspective is not based solely on what Marc told me but what I saw. Could he have asked you to cut some corners to save a few extra bucks? Sure. Is it likely? Maybe. Should you guys have taken shortcuts to save him a few bucks? Maybe Marc was the wrong guy to do that for. To be perfectly honest it really doesn't matter to me. As far as Marc working on the car himself, It's possible as well. While this may be a one time incident, when I saw the car (I saw it before and after the rebuild), it was not making any boost, the water pump had seized up and smoked the belt, 6 month after the rebuild it was leaking oil from the pan and front seals, and many bolts used on the engine and accessories were either not correct and made to work or just shouldn't have been done (like stripping a M6 bolt onto the airbox cover). As far as passing judgment without knowing you guys, you are right, I don't know you and have apologized for passing judgment based on hearsay and secondhand info in my second post. I also know that Marc can be a bit "off" at times. Was the wok performed on marc's car typical for your shop? I don't see how it could be and yes I've seen and heard horror stories about Becks, SSW, and DJ (mainly when Roland was there).

Yes, you and I do not know each other from a hole in the wall. The closest you and I ever came to each other was during a tirade (sp) at a 944 spec race over some light weight flywheel stuff and some other things. We, have never spoke. I just happen to be standing there. As far as Dan goes, I have heard nothing but good things about him. Period. Granted that is judgment and perspective based on hearsay, I do believe them to be true. Again, I do apologize for many items in my first post and I had hoped to clarify it in my second.

As far as Marc's car goes, maybe you shouldn't have let it go. He's far from perfect and I understand that. While I will never get the whole truth regarding the bill, his wife getting calls from a lawyer, and what agreements were made based upon price and service, I do know that if it were my car I wouldn't have been satisfied. I'd almost bet if you guys were in my position yo would agree with me. I'm not saying that he's right or your right. Just what I saw. Nothing personal (even though my first post may have seemed that way). The next time I see you guys at the track I'll be sure to stop and introduce myself, hell I'll offer to buy you guys a drink. Anyway, good luck with the shop and I hope chat with you guys in person about this soon.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AZ944
Step up Jeremy..... The folks at Exotic not only know more about the liquid cooled cars than you and some other snipers might like to admit, they have stepped up to face your questions. Now it's your time to step up man.

Bottom line, they have talked me out of more mods than they have talked me in to. And they have fixed many problems caused by other "knowledgeable" shops. You're not swaying me man......And you're not going to sway any other really critical AZ Rennlisters.........

And he know's it..... It's easy to snipe on a website without actually qualifying the complaint. That's wayyyy weak and I'm surprised if he doesn't drive a vette!!
Chris is it? You seem to have called me out here and made some comments about me without knowing me or anyone I know. You're right, it's easy to snipe on a website but I'll give you a chance to be a real man and chat with me about this in person durnig the next 944/51 get together or I will be more then happy to give you my phone number if you want to talk to me about it. I understand that your heavily modded S2 makes you an expert so I would love you to tell my ignorant self a few things about these cars. I love to talk shop. As far as your Vette comment goes, while I'm impressed by the high performance mods you have made to your S2, I have a feeling you're just a kid but I will add that you should be careful of the bridges you burn as the local 944/51 circle sometimes runs small. In case you didn't know, the magazine says a cold air intake will give you 30 Hp so you should add that to your list of mods as well, or is that what the evo thing is for?

Joe, I was in vegas this weekend and I should have looked you up. I'll be back in April so we should get together. Stevo, glad to see you make it out. Finally!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:30 AM
faithless
Pro

No harm done, I'll still consider Exotic with an open mind. Glad to finally round up much of the AZ guys.... "Add to buddy list.." "Add to buddy list.." "Add to buddy list.." "Add to buddy list.."
Old 01-24-2005, 05:27 AM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

Far from a kid Jeremy, I'm actually a former Army CPT with many years behind me (I guess that's another bad read). Many of which were spent studying and desiring these cars. As far as your offer is concerned, I welcome the chance to chat any time you like.

Bottom line is that I just don't respect folks who trash good people who run an honest, very knowledgeable shop, in public... As far as burning your bridge man, us Field Artillery guys don't burn things, we blow **** up... (and it's one I'll never need to cross anyway).

As far as the intake is concerned, the cone filter conversion from EVO in the nose with the newly vented nose panel from Tim @ speed force works really well. This car's no rocket but it does well for an S2. No reason to reply, I'm bored with this and I made my point. As far as that chat is concerned, just let me know where to meet you....

Chris

Last edited by AZ968Cab; 01-24-2005 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Additions
Old 01-24-2005, 12:28 PM
faithless
Pro

I wish some of the other lurkers would post as well (you’d be surprised how many of us there are)…….
Tru dat. More than I thought!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:42 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff is spot on with Jeremy. He is willing to help with whatever he can. This whole post is a bit blown out of proportion.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:47 PM
azmi951
Drifting

oh and since I have all the AZ guys attention......

TRACK DAY Jan 29th, this Sat. at Aroyo Seco, it will be cheap (around $50) for the day PM me if you are interested
Old 01-24-2005, 12:55 PM
AZ Stevo
Track Day

Quote:
Jeff is spot on with Jeremy. He is willing to help with whatever he can. This whole post is a bit blown out of proportion.

Second the motion on both counts!

Last edited by AZ Stevo; 01-24-2005 at 12:56 PM. Reason: error
Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Drewster67
Nordschleife Master

IMHO and from personal experience - Exotic has worked and will continue to work on ALL 3 of my 928's - Dan and Yoland are honest, forthcoming and Dans work is second to none.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeff, It's good to hear from you again. I sent you a PM with my new phone number. Steve and Sean, damn you guys were up early posting.

The rest of this thread has gotten a bit out of hand. I will say that Yolanda e-mailed me and explained some more of Exotic's perspective (on marc and spec racing) and it was pretty classy of her to do so. I can't say I would have done it the same if the roles were reversd. It also cleared up a lot and when lined up against Marc's story makes sence and to a ceretain degree sheds responsibility. I think her and I both agree this was probably a time where they shouldn't have worked on a customer's car, and in that respect I fall on my sword.

Chris you've been quite the tool throughout this thread and if you had half the class of the shop owners you support this wouldn't be a 4 pager.

For the rest of the guys on the thread we're making a small get together run to the BJ auction on Saturday so if you want to meet up somewhere prior or after for a few drinks PM me or give me a call.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:39 AM
faithless
Pro

I agree, time to let this one RIP. hehe

It was nice to see how many guys there are in AZ, and I hope to meet ya soon after I finally make my purchase. And please, if you want to sell, PM ME!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by faithless
I agree, time to let this one RIP. hehe

It was nice to see how many guys there are in AZ, and I hope to meet ya soon after I finally make my purchase. And please, if you want to sell, PM ME!
I'll sell you mine, 18K and I'll wax it for you.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:10 PM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

Hey Jeremy, just get over the fact that your undeserved sniping started the whole thing. You were wrong, I'm not the only one who was bothered by it and that's it. I've been done with this topic, it's time for you to get over it. This is the last time I'm on this thread so don't waste your responses...

Quick Reply: AZ Rennlisters Respond!