Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AZ Rennlisters Respond!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005 | 02:19 AM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

Step up Jeremy..... The folks at Exotic not only know more about the liquid cooled cars than you and some other snipers might like to admit, they have stepped up to face your questions. Now it's your time to step up man.

Bottom line, they have talked me out of more mods than they have talked me in to. And they have fixed many problems caused by other "knowledgeable" shops. You're not swaying me man......And you're not going to sway any other really critical AZ Rennlisters.........
Old 01-23-2005 | 02:23 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Hey guys, I'm here in Scottsdale, probably for the wrong reason though. My car is going up on the auction block next weekend.
I have spoke with Jeremy here before and he's pretty smart on our cars. All those weekend get togethers would make for a good amount of work to be done on a car if you asked me. Hint.
As far as work on your car, I'm sure everyone knows about Powerhaus. They are right here in Scottsdale. I would highly recommend them, especially if you want to upgrade your car. As parts need replacing, you can save on the labor to replace with go fast goodies and I know for a fact, they make our cars fly. If you want to keep your car stock then I have no clue. Wish me luck at the auction. Don't want to see it go...
Old 01-23-2005 | 02:38 AM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

Joe is that you.....???? I bid on your car last year (two tickets at $100/a piece).. Wow, I guess Rennlist is the place to be for folks lonely on a Sat. night....!! I have VIP passes to the Barrett Jackson auction thanks to the VP @ Ford I re-sold my last 944 (back) to. let me know the lot # on the 951, I'm curiuos to see it (I'll likely find it on my own as they stand out huh).

As far as PowerHaus is concerned, I spoke with Dave and he quoted me a $25K turbo conversion on my S2. The whole time he never made eye contact with me as he was shovelling (no kidding...) through paperwork he was seeking for an overseas customer. (um, he had a local customer with $$ in front of him at the time, get my meaning??). Lost a ton of cool points. Nuff said.

Joe if that's you, I can't wait to see the car this week (as I hoped to win it last year before you cancelled the auction). Chris
Old 01-23-2005 | 02:54 AM
faithless
Pro

CRIKIES, $100 for a spectator or for the right to bid??? I'm a bigger car nut this year than last and I was thinking about going this year just to see cool cars. ****, if that car is gonna be there tell me what day and I'll go on that day! I just wanna go to 1 Barret Jackson since I've never been in my life.
Old 01-23-2005 | 03:00 AM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

Dude, that was for a lottery ticket for an (albeit wayyyyyyyyy incredible) 951 it was an auction in and of itself. The car I saw last year was worth a good amount of $$ (relative to the change he spent at Powerhau$)...

Last edited by AZ968Cab; 01-23-2005 at 03:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-23-2005 | 03:05 AM
faithless
Pro

Oh, what would it cost for me to get in and look at the auctions and stuff?
Old 01-23-2005 | 06:47 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Hey Chris! I remember talking to you on the phone last year when the raffle was going on. That was too bad it didn't work out. Now I'm expanding my business and need the capital. Trust me I don't want it to go this way. It's not at Barrett Jackson though. It's at the RUSSO and STEELE auction. My car is set to go Saturday at about 5:00 pm. It would be cool if someone could be there to hold a hanky for the tears I'm going to shed. You should see the car. I got a haircut today at the Laird Shopping Plaza and it took me almost 35 minutes to leave as there was a crowd around it when I came out. People respond so much more to the car here than in Vegas. Kind a felt like a little celebrity. So Saturday at the RUSSO and STEELE auction. If it goes, my company will be open in April. If it doesn't, I get to keep it and I'll be open in July.
Old 01-23-2005 | 12:58 PM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

Joe, I'll tell you what my my brother, that's honestly the first time I ever truly lusted over a car. I was really pissed when you decided to drop the auction for lack of interest (but I totally respect and understand your reason). If it doesn't go for what your seeking ($85K +/- right?) you should try the same thing through Rennlist... I want another crack at that car man. Is there any way I can see it while you're in town?? I'm serious, I really want to. Chris

Last edited by AZ968Cab; 01-23-2005 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-23-2005 | 02:40 PM
Red UFO
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
So you got screwed over buy a local shop and Exotic did you right and now they're awesome? That's fine. My story involves a car that got screwed over by Exotic and I got it sorted out. ...........
Exotic is the only place in phx that I will let work on my 928s. You don't get screwed over by them. Like Dan wakes up everyday and says "who should I screw over, a 944 or 928 guy? and flips a coin". He didn't screw over anybody or he wouldn't be in business long.

First of all your story about them is 2nd hand information. All you know is what your 'friend' said or did. I'm sure there is alot he conveintantly let out of the story so he has somebody to blame. Every shop will have a run in with somebody who is upset and mad their porsche isn't running the best. A lot of times its the owners fault. They have a car with a neglected maintance and a 'to do list' so long its cheapier just to buy another car.

Then they bring it in to a porsche wrench to get it 'patched' to limp the car along and finally this self made lemon goes to **** and they blame the mechanic.

Anyway your story by have some merit but its way outside of the norm when it comes to happy customers of Dans.
Old 01-23-2005 | 02:57 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Originally Posted by faithless
How many Rennlisters/other owners are there in the immediate area? I've been adding names to my buddy list when I notice theyre in the valley. I think I have about 7 now.
I'm a regular at the Himsel Garage!
Old 01-23-2005 | 03:00 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel

For the lukers out there, now's your time to post...........
Posing...errr I MEAN POSTING!
Old 01-23-2005 | 03:28 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Chris, I just emailed you. I'd rather have someone here have it than anyone else.
Old 01-23-2005 | 04:50 PM
Rich9928p
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeremy Himsel is totally out of line.

I own three 928s and Exotic services them. I've had my cars serviced at the dealer and other independent shops ... Exotic is the best - by far. Dan knows these cars inside and out. Dan and Yolanda are honest and do their best to do the right thing and keep costs down ... not an easy task with Porsches.
Old 01-23-2005 | 05:45 PM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

And he know's it..... It's easy to snipe on a website without actually qualifying the complaint. That's wayyyy weak and I'm surprised if he doesn't drive a vette!!
Old 01-23-2005 | 05:50 PM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

Hey Rich, can I check out your GTS? That's my fantasy car (there's one on DupontRegistry with 15K miles for $45K...). 5 speed??

Quick Reply: AZ Rennlisters Respond!