Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Air to Water intercoolers, anyone used one on a 951?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 02:00 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 951Tom
I have the Toyota parts catalog CD and it shows the set up a 94 turbo celica uses. You might be able to use parts from it. It has the little radiator, electric pump, and a fluid resevoir. The celica came with a 2.0L motor so I'm not sure if it's intercooler flows enough CFM for 951. In the parts diagram, the celica's electric pump looks alot like the 951 aux. pump to cool the turbocharger after shut-down.
The one to have so to speak is the one from the Celica Alltrac WRC I think. Thats the one by buddy is getting for his MR2 and that can handle 600RWHP...

This has been an interesting thread, didnt expect it to get so long Thanks for the input/info guys.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Tomas L
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been an interesting thread, didnt expect it to get so long Thanks for the input/info guys.
Yeah, there are a couple of subjects that normally creates long threads, this is one of them.
Examples of others:
Dragracing a 951.
Dannos customer service.
I raced a bike/supra/whatever and lost/won.
XXX is a faster/better car than a 951.
Horsepower vs Torque.
Any thread started by NZ951
Group buy threads.

These subjects generally gives long threads and heated discussion, now and then they end up in the abyss and sometimes even get users banned.

Old 12-05-2004, 08:08 PM
KobaltBlau
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't read the whole thread so maybe somebody already said this, but:

A MR2 is a very good application for a water to air IC, because there isn't really a decent place to put an air to air, unlike the 951.

water to air are good for street use because you don't have sustained load, but they are usually not good for track use for the same reason, the coolant gets heat soaked (pun intended). of course this depends how big your intercoolant radiator is. They are good for drag racing with icewater but who cares (IMHO)

Quick Reply: Air to Water intercoolers, anyone used one on a 951?