Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

need a good shop in Kansan City, KS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 02:20 PM
trackqueen951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a good shop in Kansan City, KS

Hello everyone, I'm in Iowa and I can't find a decent shop that had done previous work on 951s here. I have a friend in KC that can take my 951 down there and leave his car here (the G35 I sold him BTW ) and get some oil leaks fixed, belts, rollers, front end seal, suspension bushings changed, and a couple of other things. Cost is important so if anyone knows a shop in KC that can do the work at a reasonable price, please let me know!

Thanks in advance
Old 11-24-2004, 03:37 PM
HY M8NC
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I happen to know a pretty good mechanic in Kansas City. Check out our website www.imagineauto.com, or give me a call 913.310.9927. We would love to do the work on your car-

The only other viable option I would recommend is Bob Hindson Racing 816.561.6665. Aaron Holstrom is the owner-tell him Ben Wornall sent him.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:49 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

If you want to have the work done by someone else and don't mind paying for it, Imagine Auto is the way to go. Alternatively, if you don't mind getting a bit of grease under your fingernails, you might check out www.kcws.org, we've been known to spin a wrench or two...

My two cents on Bob Hinson Racing is that Aaron is a nice guy but he probably won't be the one working on your car. Caveat Empor...

I have no financial interest in recommending Imagine Auto, but Ben and Stephen Kaspar at Imagine are friends of mine, so I am not the most objective source you will find. Since the KCWS doesn't charge for its services, I don't stand to gain much besides some oil spots on my driveway for that recommendation, right? lol

Regards,
Old 11-24-2004, 05:04 PM
dime1622
I never notice, anyway
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rami!

I never got a reply from ya after I replied to your first email. The guys in the KCWS seem to be great guys, I've been trying to get down to KC to do some wrenching with them, but time and money have been hurting those efforts. Like Scott said, if you want to get your hands dirty, check them out.

Make sure to NEVER go to Ramsey Pontiac/Mazda/Porsche (next to European Motorwerks). Guys are complete idiots there. And expensive as shiite. There's a shop up here in Ames I go to for that work which I cannot do myself, like alignments and such. It's not exactly the fanciest place ever but they are very good at what they do. And it's really cheap, too. They charge $64 an hour but last time I went there, they spent about 80 minutes on my car and still charged me $64.

Give me a holler if you're interested in the place in Ames, or if you head down to work with the KCWS guys, I'm still interested in going to KC to meet them, and I've already had my hands dirty fixing a bunch of oil leaks (havent gotten them all yet, but the big ones are gone), and a couple weeks ago I did my water pump, belts, and rollers, and my new Konis are going on here on Friday so I can lend a little advice (and some tools if needed ).

Also, my favorite dudes down at Paragon Products in Texas (www.paragon-products.com) recently dropped the price on all their rollers

Hope to hear from ya Rami

Erik
Old 11-24-2004, 06:43 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, Ben at imagineauto will take care of you, they do incredible work. Or like scott said, if you want to try out some of the work yourself, there are plenty of us guys down here to help.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:42 PM
trackqueen951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well imagine Auto it is then! Thanks everyone for all the feedback. That's why I love Rennlist!

Ben I'll make a list of want needs done and e-mail or call you to get some estimates. I'm glad I've found someone I can trust. You seem to be highly professional.

KCWS, I'm sure I'll be hooking up with you guys too! My mechanical skills are pretty basic, in fact it's more like non-exsistent! but I'm a quick learner so I was hoping to come watch/ask questions, and learn from you guys. Then I'll build up some confidence and start working myself!

Erik! man I was wondering what happened? I did reply and I thought I never heard from you (damn e-mail ) Well, I can definetly use your knowledge (and tools ) Hopefully will hook up soon, I'm expecting twins any day now so hopefully we will meet before that! I'll PM you later!

Got to go work, overnights suck!

Thanks again
Rami
Old 11-24-2004, 11:52 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rami, check your PM. I sent you info on a great Porsche shop in DeSoto, IA. The guy does mainly 911s but has worked on quite a few 944s including a few Rennlister's cars. He does a very good job and is reasonable.

Quick Reply: need a good shop in Kansan City, KS