Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Loaded Q's On Fuch and Parts Cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Somebody
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaded Q's On Fuch and Parts Cars

I'm lucky enough to have two 86 951's in my garage. One of them was a "learning experience" on why cheaper isn't always better. I didn't know much about porsches and espeically the 944, but I knew that's the kind of porsche I liked.

So over time of having the first 944 sitting in the garage, my father decided to get another one, which we did do our homework on.

Now here is the delima that I am having. I have 2 porsches in the garage, one that we paid under 2.5k for that has 911 fuch's on it (9 inch's on the back) with the high bolstered seats, etc, but without an interior, NONE. Not even the bulky ac unit that the heater core goes into. I've gone and gutted it all out. But I did save a few things, like the garage cluster (which didn't work, but I think it due to a bad ground). Anyways, to keep you guys from having to read a novel. I was just wondering what you all think of me putting the 911 rims on the back of the good porsche, since the 911 rims don't work on the front, and I don't want to use the universal spacer the person was using.

Alright, then I"m left with a great 951, that is a blast to drive but with mis matching rims models. and a gutted 951. I have given serious thought to turning it into a race car, but for free time I have on weekends, I don't think that would be possible.

So, how much would a FULLY gutted 951 porsche go for, which use to be red but painted silver, AND, missing a few other things, such as sun roof (high way incident) and side windows (cut up door in preparation to put in lexan windows). I'm hoping for something around 1 - 1.5k... Pics can be taken upon request. Oh, yeah, and the gutted 951 sounds like it have a lifter problem, but that's diagnosed from a guy who works on domestics.

I can honestly say, I'm not a mechanic of any sort, but I just love to drive these cars. What to do?!?!?!?
Old 11-17-2004, 03:51 PM
dualblade
Burning Brakes

if you can get it checked out by someone to verify if the engine is in good shape, i might just be interested. i'd have someone hear it, as a car with possible engine issue will of course sell for much less than one in good shape. it could be lifter tick, but it could also be that our fuel injectors are loud and sound like ticking lifters to alot of people. does your other turbo sound the same?
Old 11-17-2004, 10:54 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

sold yet? seems like a good deal. it does run? but it just ticks? id love to get a car like that. are there any upgrades to the engine? do you drive this car? need an n/a? how long do you think youll have this car? do you have any pics?
Old 11-17-2004, 11:23 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say $1k-$1.5k is right for a car in serious need of TLC -- you need to give someone a deal to take the car away for you. Otherwise, the car will just sit around eating up valuable garage space for your next car!

BTW, I noticed your sig -- 86 silver rose?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:04 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hang on. Are those Fuchs 9 x 16's? If they are PM me with some details on condition [ pics would be great]. I know someone who needs 'em.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Somebody
Advanced

I'm having the car flatbedded to a local mechanic to tell me exactly what's wrong with it soon. If I find the car too much to repair for a track car. I'll most likely sell the car, to help fund a daily driver 951. But I'd be selling the 16x8fuchs and holding onto the 16x9's.

Would 1.5K be quickly obtainable for an 86 951 with un matching fuch's, no interior, and cracked sunroof. Along with the engine needing some help too. I do know it has a authority stage 2 chip and a koklen racing lever in it. It also comes with two high bolstered seats. I'd would be a perfect candidate for a track car due to the condition of the doors.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Somebody; 11-18-2004 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Somebody
Advanced

As for the car that's sticking around for sure, it's an 86 Silver Rose Metallic 951 with high bolstered seats (as do both cars show case them), and the un wanted alarm system key hole on the drivers side. The few bad things about the Silverossa is that the passanger side door looks like it has had a crow bar taken to the door handle. Also the guy before me tried too hard to make it a street racer and put in some fugly steering wheel and two almost functional a-pilar guages (no offense to those who have them).

When I gutted my silver porsche I saved the VERY few interior pieces that I deemed good. An A-pilar molding was one of them, so I lucked out there. I'm wanting to relocate the guages underneigth the radio and put the stock looking a-pillar in. So when I get around to doing that I"ll have an a-pilar two guage mount to sell for some extra cash.

Come to think of it, I'll trade someone the two guage pillar mount for a two guage and a manual boost controller plate.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:21 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

dang id love to get that shell,well cant really call it a shell...its got an engine.argg,deals only in the mail land!!!hahaha good luck selling it
Old 11-18-2004, 09:48 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Somebody,

I'd be interested in the car, i sent you a PM, but if you didnt' get it feel free to email me ian_klass at yahoo dot com
Old 11-18-2004, 10:03 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Want to sell me the 9X16 Fuchs? Or trade them for a set of 17" Cup wheels?
Old 11-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Somebody
Advanced

My mechanic said he can take a look at the car on monday to tell me about how much money it's going to take. I'm on a pretty low budget for this car, since I might have to include a trailer into it. But if it is too much hassle to get it up and running. The Silver Rose Metallic car will turn into the project car that I plan on pouring all my money into, since well, the more I drive it, the more I love the 951.

I at one time had dreamt about turning the silver car (which is actually a nissan silver) into a killer street / track racer, but this is seeming to turn into something this college student might not be able to afford.

To clear up all the questions about the Fuch's

The Silver Rose currently has
951 16 x 7 & 16 x 8
And the Nissan Silver currently has
911 16 x 7 & 16 x 9

If the silver car gets the boot, I'll get the rims switched out and finished. You all will be the first to hear about the offer. Like I said I'm looking around 1.5k even though people are telling me I could get some more money, I'd really like the garage space and perhaps lindsey racing toys.

As for what I'm going to do with the rims...
I want to get the 16 x 9 fuch's refinished and put onto the Silver Rose Metallic car in place of the 16 x 8. The reason I can't put the 911 16X7's onto the Silver Rose Metallic car is cause they rub on the caliper. Even with the universal spacer that the people were using on the Nissan Silver car, they still rub on the Silver Rose. I'm guessing it's cause the 86's brakes are a bit larger due to the lack of abs. However, the Nissan Silver is an 86 also, I believe the person just drove the car till the rubbing ground itself out.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Somebody
Advanced

On a Side Note.

All the PM's I've gotten have mostly been about the 16 x 9's, I love those wheels just as much as most of you and plan on keeping them.

However, if your looking for a set of 16x7 and 16x8's then I'd PM the guy who's going to buy my car, once that occurs.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Somebody
Advanced

Alright, I have the 16 x 9's on the 951 with some 245 nitto extreme's right now and I like the look of them. I'm thinking about going up to a 255, but that's after I burn this off. I had the shop stick the 8's in the front just to see what they would look like and I really did like the look of them, but I don't know about spacing and rubbing. So I kept the 16x7's on there for now.

Would a 16x8 rim with a 235 tire work on the front of a 944? Or would it even work with a 225?

This would also stick me with a set of four 16 x 7's. Approx how much could I get selling them in pairs?

Oh, and those who may want to know, I'm getting my fuch's completely refurbished for 175 a piece. I'm going with a black insert inside a polished lip.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:18 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Somebody,

Keep the 16x9 rims in the back and put the 16x8 rims on the front. I know people who run 245 width tires in the front on 16x8 rims, so I think you're ok. BTW, this setup will be the envy of many
Old 11-18-2004, 06:53 PM
dualblade
Burning Brakes

i have a 245 on the front of my s2 with no rubbing so i'd think it'd be fine

Quick Reply: Loaded Q's On Fuch and Parts Cars