Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

not sure what to do with my 944na or 951

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Dan/87/944na
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not sure what to do with my 944na or 951

well I am not sure what to do with my 87944na I rebuilt the top end, paid porsche dealer to replace the clutch, and had it $repainted$...and the pick up tube broke (quite some time ago after all that) I got mad and put the car in storage were it has sat for some time....

Just got my guards red 951 about a month ago (GOD I LOVE GUARDS RED) and I have a puddle under the car of oil...in the month it has dripped .5qt of oil (I work all the time so the car sits most of the time and I have probly 5 hours driving time with it for the month)I am just so and I have not had any time to get under it....

but anyways....

I was going to sell the 951 and do a nice v8 swap with the 944na (yea flame all you want but I have over 10k in a car worth half of that and it does not even run BUT I am just not that fond of the dark blue metalic...Like I said I am so fond of guards red...when I get off of work I just peek in the garage and look at the 951 for a few minutes and smile....then I see the puddle and

I am guessing the puddle is going to cost $$$ as I have no time to fix it myself .
I might just pull the engine on that car and do the v8 swap and part out the 944na. either way I am going to lose so much money

is my 944na worth anything as is? I had it running for two weeks after the repaint and fresh top end. the car runs (I have to over fill the oil or raise the front to get oil in it) I have the new oil pan gasket but I work so fricking much and don't have much time off....anyone want to trade a non running guards red one for my blue one?
the 944 in it's prime

here it is now after being in indoor storage (covered in dust)

or anyone want to trade a non running guards red 951 for a running one with a leak plus some $

or sell both of them for a $10k package deal
and then I can sell my wrx and buy my dads red convertible c5 oh well I can dream
Old 11-08-2004, 03:26 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the wonderful world of 951 ownership.

I'm in the same boat. I hate the notion of ever having to choose between the two cars, but if I had to, I'd keep the n/a as of this particular moment - the 951 has been nothing but headaches. Then again, I tend to see through such things to the "potential" of what it can be - clearly the n/a Callaway project is going to end up being one bitchin' ride when I'm done with it and I've got the advantage of parts for the early cars being WAY cheaper, but the 951s are much easier to modify. Maybe I'll eventually sell them both and get a 968 cabrio or something. Dunno. Whatever you decide, I wish you luck.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:04 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks like I'm going the same route, might have to sell off the 951 in a couple of months.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:32 AM
DanR 1201
Instructor

Has anybody looked into engine swaps other than heavy V8's? In particular the Volvo 5 cylinder turbo. An engine that in stock form has about 300 flywheel HP. Is it correct that Volvo commissioned Porsche to design this engine for them? If so this could be the perfect update.

Quick Reply: not sure what to do with my 944na or 951