Stock brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:43 PM
silverbullet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock brake pads

Hi,
I need to get brake pads soon and I want to know what the difference is between these pads. Performance Products has original type pads for around $79. Regular Mintex and Ferodo are $40 and $60. I don't take my car to the track and just want good braking with no squeal or excessive dust. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 11-05-2004, 09:03 PM
GreyDog
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi silverbullet, I have been using Pagid pads on my '86, and like them. I am not sure of the exact compound, by mechanic uses the stock application. I'll get this from him next week as I need to get the fronts replaced soon anyway. They do squeal a bit. The Mintex or Ferodo will likely be quieter from my experience with some of these compounds on other cars.

PS: Where did you get your borla exhaust? I need a muffler at a minimum, and most of the turbo back systme soon.

- Later.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:11 PM
silverbullet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.
The Borla came with the car. I hate it though, it's inside diameter is like 2-2.5 inchs. Turbo to cat is 3'', then 2.5 back.
I think I'm gonna get the SFR catback. Doesn't SFR sell 3" Borlas?
Old 11-06-2004, 01:41 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am running Mintex pads on my street car. No squeels but there is some brake dust, but it is acceptable. Im aiming for Metal Masters next time.

As for the SFR Catback, yes it is a borla muffler (actually i believe Tim at SFR told me that there are three different mufflers to chose from, check the SFR Group Buy post).

Quick Reply: Stock brake pads