Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse and Smog Regulations

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:18 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

Eddie, I would probably not be interested in making another as I am about to sell my welding machine. I actully have all that 'stealth' kit (modified stock airbox, 3" turbo to airbox pipe) sitting in the garage as I converted to SFR IC pipes and a home made 3" J inlet pipe I made. I want to hold onto it for a while as I might have to make my car look stock again under the hood to import to Australia. If I decide to sell it, I'll drop you a line.

I remember I used the tightest bend radius I could get from summit for theor manrel bent tubing and was not tight enough, hence the odd angle cuts / weld. I could probably take some pics and measurements if you are interested in making a similar one.
Thanks.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks. That is very kind of you.
I will need to address this next March as that 's when my inspection is up
in the smog capital of the world
Please let me know if you are interested in selling it as I would be very interested
Otherwise, I would love the picture route.
Best regards
Ed
Old 12-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike S
Yeah, I'm familiar with Danno's stealth kit. I have his basic MAP kit now and I can get by smog without his stealth box. What I'm really debating here is the move to MAF and to one of the Vitesse turbos. The question is....can I still get by smog? It's hard to say....I might be able to hide it.

I didn't actually use anything from Danno, other than his technique for attaching the stock J-boot to a big-mouth turbo. I took the test with the stock cat, AFM, chips, and intake all in place. I passed the visual because the car was visually identical to stock -- using factory parts. I figured it is worth a few hours in the garage to make sure it is clean as a whistle. Be sure to check/change your air filter, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, O2 sensor, and gas cap seal before the test. That gas cap is their little sucker punch after running it on the dyno -- they pressure test it to make sure it seals. No seal, no certificate. 86 cars are given higher emmissions limits than 87-89 cars, which helps a little if you are on the border.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

I had to replace a o- ring on the gas cap. Luckly there was a napa auto parts store near by and I just used a new o-ring and passed.
regards
Ed
Old 12-29-2004, 08:13 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, I'm glad I dont live in CA
Old 12-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Trust me you are !!!