** Official Texas Mile GTG thread come one come all

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 11:47 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ** Official Texas Mile GTG thread come one come all

Okay I have known about the texas mile for quite sometime but, I have never been. After reading another thread it seems like some of you guy's really had fun and are looking to go in april. So since I am a complete newb to this. Please post when it is exactly. Let's try and set something up so some of us texas rennlisters can come down. I will go if you guys do. It would be cool to see how fast I could go anyways so.

Who's is? Let's get the exact info up in this thread and start a list of people who are going to attend. I can bring drinks and food. I also saw someone else has a huge porsche flag like I do. We could get a canopy together and hang out porsche flags together...hehe.

So what do you guy's say?
Old 10-19-2004, 11:20 AM
alexands
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

Don't know if I can make it to Goliad, but I was thinking about doing a Dallas GTG. Maybe what we could do is invite all of the Dallas folks out and see from there who would be up for Texas Mile.

Just an idea.
Scott
Old 10-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there. It's a ways off, but I'm planning on it.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:07 PM
jwl
Rennlist Member

There's 3 or 4 guy's in the Corpus PCA that go to every event. They keep talking about this one crazzy guy on a bike doing over 200 mph...I'd kinda like to see that.

So I may try to make the next event depending on the kitchen pass.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:53 AM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!

Is there a website or info source on this "mile"?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:55 AM
alexands
Pro

http://www.texasmile.com/
Old 10-20-2004, 08:14 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Alex I am already going to put on a dallas GTG in the coming months. The only reason it has not been done yet is I refuse to put one on without my car.I was hoping for a dallas GTG sometime after the first of the new year...but, if anyone would like to do there one I would glady show up in my N/A or truck.

I know the owner of Mo's and I have good relations with a dynojet dyno in richardson and dallas both so I was planning a dyno tune at a local shop then a cruise from there to BoardWalk Porsche for group photo's then dinner and a few drinks at Mo's after that. I actually had a official date set back in in the 4th week of june but, had to cancel before I posted on it because I decided it was a good time to bend some of my intake valves.

There will be a dallas GTG put on by me in the future I just want my car back first. This Texas mile is aparently in april and if we could get some local texas guy's out there to represent the 951 I would love to go and set something up.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Speaking of which....when are you going to be able to get your car back together. You actually started your rebuild basically right when I started mine. So, I was monitoring your posts etc... Glad to say nothing bad really happened with mine and after 4 million hurricanes I finally have mine back. I had my fair share of stripped stuff, but with patience every fell into place. Then I realized .... I live in gainesville and there is no where to drive it. Meh. I just keep getting kicks out of driving my scooter to school like a jerk.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there for sure. My friends run a heavily modified WRX, a 422 stroker T/A, and a mildly modified Z28. They haven't missed a single event.

I know some of the Corpus guys will be there too. I can't wait to get this new clutch in so it'll hold. It was really disappointing to try to run while slipping through 1st, 4th and 5th gears.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:14 PM
alexands
Pro

John, Sounds good on the Dallas GTG. I've been waiting to get my car back together before I floated the idea. Just got the car on the road last week so I'll be ready when you're ready. Your GTG plans sound pretty good. Keep me posted.

Scott
Old 10-22-2004, 12:59 AM
TaylorSea4
Pro

I'll be apart of Brian's "support team, " once again fulfilling my duties as "navigator." There's another guy in Corpus who runs a green-ish 951 that is always there. All told, it was a LOT of fun; as I've already mentioned in the "How fast..." thread.

Yes the big superbikes on the bottle can and DID run from the 180's to the high 190's with one 'Busa cracking 200 on the squeeze. SCADS of big block C-5's consistently run in the 180's, and there was even a Bonneville racer out there that ran 250+, but due to my execellent navigational skills, we arrived too late to see it run.

I'd really like to see a car like yours, Mitch. The only turbocharged cars down there last month all had front mounted 4 cylinder engines, so it'd be cool to see a gnarly 930 shredding the traps. I'm hoping they will start a pit-bike/ go-ped class for next April. With the uber-aero tuck, I could probably crack 45mph, eh??
Old 10-22-2004, 03:24 AM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

John, I'll come over there and meet up with you on the way if thats cool with you. Provided I get the build completed in time, which I am 90% sure will happen. I think I can get a couple more 951 guys to come with me. We can have a little caravan.

IM me.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:38 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are sooo lucky! We dont get stuff like that hear, just the odd targa. Thats why I am reduced to drag racing as its the only thing you can really do!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:10 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

I have been looking at the prices of 951's over in the US, I am very tempted to fly out buy a car - take it to an event, have a driving holiday and then ship it back here to use as a track toy. Can't afford it next year as I am having to sink all my spare cash into my house at the moment, but would love it in a year or two.
Tony
Old 10-30-2004, 01:42 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

update**

Joe and others are going to make it out and meet me and some other fellow p-car owners in houston. We are checking on hotel rates and we will be looking into best routes to take from there to the actual event itself. I might bring some of my turbo friends and I think if we all stay at the same place in houston we can get a good rate easily.

I plan on brining my porsche flag and I want to buy a canopy from walmart to set up down there. I think we could have a cool showing and we can all go out for dinner or something that night maybe? I will have to check times/dates/ect.

It's in the works people.

Quick Reply: ** Official Texas Mile GTG thread come one come all