Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 05:40 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lindsey Racing

I have doing business with Lindsey Racing for 2 years and have bought parts from them totaling more than USD 50,000. A few months ago there happened to be credit card dispute; Lindsey Racing had illegally swiped my card without my prior consent and double charged me for something that I had already paid.

I never thought of bringing this topic on the forum, simply because I felt trashing vendors in public isnt a good thing to do. So I chose silence and let the law do straighten things out. Now since Lindsey choose to flame me on the board, well ok its my turn now to speak up.

As I am in Taiwan and I usually order in bulk so as to cut cost on shipping. However, for all my dealings with Lindsey, I have never received a complete faultless shipment from them. Every time, something is always missing or they would ship and charge me for something I did not order. In the end, I end up having to pay for shipping to return the wrong parts and pay again for shipping of the forgotten parts. And by the way, Lindsey has never return my core $$ on time, usually the $$ will only be deducted in my next order, usually months later. All this time I have been putting with that, since most of you claim that Lindsey is the best and I was foolish to believe you guys.

Now, their so called 363rwhp kit got me 230rwhp at 1bar of boost. Their BOV leak vaccum like hell, cylinder head comes cracked and was leaking water thereby causing multiple engine drops, and gaskets replaced... all this time and money, Lindsey never once compensated a cent. In the end, I bought a 2.7 head, done! No more leaks. Check out Powerhaus website, look what they have to say. Buying from Lindsey, parts arrived broken because of ****ty packaging, no compensation because insured value was lowered as tax invoice were altered so that both parties could evade tax. Clutch came bent, small little things like master cylinders were faulty, HP gains was a fluke, lies shed... etc etc. One day, when I realised my credit card was swiped without my consent, I decide to stop buying from them and called in the authorities. .

Ask anyone, anyone that has done business with me, Ian 944online (more than 20 transactions), ask Danno or Kiss Engineering, Gembella... or those that had bought parts from me.. Edwin, Rob, Jchen etc there are aleast 10 members here that have bought parts from me... have I ever cheated anyone? I sometimes ship out parts without even receiving payments beforehand. Now, how many of us here have problems with Lindsey Racing?

EDIT: I have enough of all the silly beatings around here and was in fact furious at those words said in my other thread selling the 3L motor. Not trying to convince anyone, I just hope this thread could serve as a warning to those of you contemplating on buying anything from Lindsey.

Enough said.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:43 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Too bad it has to end up like this. Hope everything works out.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:31 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I was going to quote a message that was deleted ...
Old 10-06-2004, 06:42 AM
Black Arrow
Racer

Sorry to say it, but I got the same problems with Lindsey Racing that you say Songzzzz. We are some people here in Norway that have been ordering many parts from them, and always theres some problems with the parts. Either they send wrong parts, or the parts they send is faulty. I also had to send back a head that was in so bad chape, that I would no way put it in my car. We also ordered a full suspension setup and they sent wrong camber-plates 2 times, both the front suspension was "left-suspension" and we had to weld it to make it fit on the right side of the car. The springs didn`t fit with the plastic dust protection so we had to just remove them, and they sent 9# springs both in front and rear. This is just some of the issues we got when dealing with them.

Its very sad that they cant deliver what they say they`ll do.
I still thinks Lindsey Racing got some of the best upgrades products for our cars! They know our cars very well, but seems to not have 100% controll of what they send out? Its really sad because I want to trust shops like Lindsey Racing.
Maybee they need hire some more people to get things under control?

I also have to say that we`ve got products that we are very happy with! So they doesnt always send out bad parts, but maybee little bit to often.. I still want to be friends with and trust Lindsey Racing, but then they have to earn it to!
Old 10-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Black Arrow
Racer

Originally Posted by Thom
I was going to quote a message that was deleted ...
hehe, maybee it was mine?
It happend something strange when I posted now.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tma§951
Sorry to say it, but I got the same problems with Lindsey Racing that you say Songzzzz. We are some people here in Norway that have been ordering many parts from them, and always theres some problems with the parts. Either they send wrong parts, or the parts they send is faulty. I also had to send back a head that was in so bad chape, that I would no way put it in my car. We also ordered a full suspension setup and they sent wrong camber-plates 2 times, both the front suspension was "left-suspension" and we had to weld it to make it fit on the right side of the car. The springs didn`t fit with the plastic dust protection so we had to just remove them, and they sent 9# springs both in front and rear. This is just some of the issues we got when dealing with them.
I won't be surprise if you paid for those additonal shipping costs. Same for my case, just to quote on one of many.. I had to ship the head back to them for checks etc... imagine having to pay for all the time, gaskets, labor, shipping, import tax wasted in the process of troubleshooting, rebuilding, assembling then dismantling the darn thing.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:28 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you still selling your parts, because I am interested, and have not recieved a response yet, was jsut wondering what was up
-Randy
Old 10-06-2004, 09:57 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Maybe out of the country has been a problem?

Maybe because I am so close it's easy for them. I have never once had any sort of problem with them in any way shape or form. Part's,labor,tax,shipping. They are always on point and deliver what they say they will.

We recomend Lindsey Racing because they know there **** and this isint the norm. There are always two sides to every story but, I can tell you this is the first time I have hered of a story like this. The truth is you could have a shipping problem with any vendor.....crap happens. What makes the vendor's rep is how they handle it from there. How quickly they respond and how they go about making things right again.

Sorry to hear about all of that andrew.... they have always been great to me and to the people I have recomended. Infact in my couple year's of being on this board I have prolly sent 2 dozen paying customer's there way making sure to use my name....and every single on of them got there parts on time as promised for the desired amount.

Unfortunately those are all over canada,mexico, and the US. None of them were over seas. Once again sorry for your troubles.

If it's paid for why exactly are you sellling the car completely? just curious.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear of your trouble Andrew but I am also one that has never had an issue.

I'm sure Dave or Mike do not pack every order, as that's what they have employees for. Just like Jason at Paragon, you have to have help. You follow a system of checks and balances the best you can...sometimes things happen and I'm sure it gets amplified overseas.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:08 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah that's what I am thinking because Andrew(NZ) said he also had a problem with them on shipping ect. Maybe the over sea's thing is just been bad lately? I wonder who they are using to ship overseas?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Zackb911
Racer

Thats odd I think they are the only vendor I have dealt with that had good communicaiton and no errors at all.... Good Luck
Old 10-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Lindsey so far and have been happy with all of it. The only foul-up I've had dealing with them was on an exhaust system drop-shipped directly from Fabspeed to me. Fabspeed sent me the entire exhaust system intead of just the cat-back that I wanted at the time. As soon as Dave found out, he called me before the exhaust came and gave me the option of rejecting the shipping or keeping it and he'd make me a sweet deal. So I went for the sweet deal and was pretty darn happy about it. Even though it wasn't their fault, Lindsey "made it okay" for me. No affiliation with any particular vendor for me though - I've bought stuff from Guru, Lindsey, SFR, Vitesse, Pelican, Paragon, etc.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:22 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Thanks for letting us know. It's good to talk. This is the power this forum has. Now do they care? That's the question. I would not buy from them now...
Old 10-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody is perfect.

I cannot imagine Lindsey Racing being out to scam you Andrew. However, if you have spent $50,000 at Lindsey, they should be willing to eat some of the cost if they did indeed screw up. I can't see a customer who spends $50,000 trying to scam a couple grand back.

It sounds like there are two sides to this story, and I have a hard time believing either of you set out to screw the other. Someone made a mistake somewhere and the sooner it's admitted, the sooner this thread can fall to the wayside.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:42 PM
AlexE
Pro

I am not sure if it was prudent to try and sell parts if there were any legal issues revolving with them. You mentioned in your previous post that you would let the courts decide, so that led me to believe that these parts could be caught in the middle.

I am not sure if anyone living close to Lindsey would want to take a risk of small claim on their parts.

But I hope it all works out for you. Its a pain when things go sideways in a business transaction.

I am sure both sides have legitimate concerns/beefs etc. I hope it all works out for you.

Take care.

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing