Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 01:22 PM
RobNL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Yeah that's what I am thinking because Andrew(NZ) said he also had a problem with them on shipping ect. Maybe the over sea's thing is just been bad lately? I wonder who they are using to ship overseas?
I live in the Netherlands and over the last 2 years ordered a lot of stuff from them, not only for myself, but also for other people and up to now they only once sent a wrong item (TurboXS bypass valve in stead of a standard bypass valve). I could send it back without extra costs, but it solved itself because someone else wanted the "wrong" bypass valve and the correct bypass valve came with a new shipment of other products.

Due to the fact that I never had any faulty parts, I can't say how they handle that kind of stuff, but I do know that they always treated me fair and square, answered all kinds of questions, shipped quite fast and it was always well packaged.

To ship the items, I've used USPS, UPS and UPS Supply Chain Solutions, depending on how fast I needed it and how large the package was. The last one is cheaper and sometimes the only option for large items, but then you have to pick it up at the airport yourself. With none of them I have had any problems regarding damaged packaging or lost items.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:29 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't think it was right for Lindsey racing to come on the board and to give Andrew a hard time. If there was a problem, give him a call and resolve it off the internet.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Go to lindsey site and see Fecal Roster.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:07 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lindsey Racing

Hello All:

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. My name is Rob and I live in New Jersey. I am a new member to Rennlist, as I just bought 1 year ago a 1989 944T with 27k orginal miles on it in "mint" condition. I love it!

Since joining this board, I have observed numerous discussions and learned a great deal; although I'm not a mechanic at all. I am a driver and former IMSA GTP racer for years. But I am very happy to be a part of this community. But more so, when my car is completely finished, I would like to hook up with some people in NJ for meetings, rallies, or whatever.

Before I bought my car last year, I did extensive research on who were reputable Porsche tuners, especially in the 944T arena. After months of emails, reading postings, phone calls, looking at quotes, I decided to go with Lindsey Racing. I bought my car out of state and had it shipped directly to them. They have now had my car for almost one year. They are building me a 3.0L 8V super street car, with every bell and whistle as you can imagine. If you visit their web site, my car was just listed under the heading of "customer #2". That listing shows "some" of the work they have done to date, but not all. I keep adding and spending more money because I want my beast to make as much RWHP as possible, but yet very reliable too. When all is said and done, my hope is to have a reliable, but very fast street-legal 951 that will last for yrs. Maybe one of the fastest in NJ?

I have been immensely satisfied from day one with Lindsey Racing. I have been dealing with Mike from the very beginning. And I will tell you, I have never dealt with a company that is so customer-friendly, actually answers their phones, takes the time to educate, is very professional, and yes, has done impeccable work to my car!

In short, I could not be more satisfied with their service, parts, prices, and their true professionalism. I am not here to add any fuel to this posting, but wanted to share with everyone my experience with them. As far as I'm concern, I will continue to do business with them.....always. Now, it's just a matter of being patient to get my car; we are almost done!

Old 10-06-2004, 02:35 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Some of you might be surprised to see me post on this thread. As with every story, there are 2 sides. LR is a competitor, but I also have done business with Dave, and I never felt any wrong doing.

I do not want to decide who is correct or who is wrong, that's for the directly involved parties to decide. I wish this gets resolved in a friendly manner if at all possible, more than likely this can only happen in private.

I think it's only fair to ask everyone here to at least hear both sides of the story before they pass judgment.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:56 PM
alexands
Pro

Yowsers!! Hard to believe that they would intentionally pull that type of crap. I've bought from them for a while and never had any problems whatsoever. Dave has spent many hours on the phone educating me and giving sound advice, even if it didn't net a sale for him.

They had something drop shipped to me from Kokeln that arrived with a wrong part. Dave worked closely with me to get the correct part expedited.

Stay on 'em. It just doesn't sound like they would go out of their way to screw you over.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:03 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I posted this on the 3L thread...

I have had similar experiences with Lindsey sending the wrong parts etc etc etc. Approx 50% of my orders had some kind of issue. Very poor form on LR part to send the boy in to make that statement on your 3L thread. Whenever they screw a customer around they always say be a stand up guy do the right thing, its a joke. These kinds of discussions always end up in people taking sides and spilling horror stories and it sucks. Stick to your guns Andrew!

I am glad to say my car will be free of LR parts soon, probably when the last of the vac line splits. Cant wait!

And you are right about paying for it Andrew, they charge a preimum over parts the you can get elsewhere for less, just becuase they are selling it! A good example was a daily driver clutch I wanted to buy, well I said 90% street. 10% They suggested a Spec stage 3! The one everyone suggests is shocking for street! And they were USD150 more expensive than an alternative supplier!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

RolexNJ - your car looks like it has just about every possible upgrade. Should be amazing.

I think I got your old hard pipes - I called Lindsey a while ago to see if they had any used, stock hard pipes I could snag and they said they had a set from a car they were "putting everything but the kitchen sink into". Must have been your car cause they said the car was going back East when it was done.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very well spoken John.

Great looking car Rob in NJ, you'll have to post a dyno of that when finished. My car has been through two stages with LR, 100% satisfaction. He just finished our head on the track car again, as jwl floated a valve this past weekend. Good luck!

Said it once, will say it again, vendor bashing is very over rated here and should be handled in PRIVATE because there are two sides and one side is telling the story; you expect your wife to tell the truth in a divorce case...
Old 10-06-2004, 08:11 PM
jwl
Rennlist Member

There are only a few vendors that I have chosen to deal with and one of them is Lindsey Racing.

Great company, great people, great service...period!
Old 10-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have spent a good amount of money at Lindsey Racing. My experience, Lindsey could not have done a better job. Shipped my head to them from California, came back with some very pretty machine work done. Intercooler. Etc. I am completely happy with my dealings at Lindsey.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:22 PM
UK952
Burning Brakes

I have only purchased a couple of items from Lindsey, no complaints from me either, quick replies to emails and correct items delivered.
Tony
Old 10-06-2004, 09:02 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey, I hope everything gets worked out. But as far as Lindsey Racing is concerned, they are the ONLY VENDOR that I would recommend to people. I have only dealt with two vendors, but the other one messed my car up big time. But, that is beside the point. Mike and Dave have spent at least a half an hour helping me get my car running right. I am extremely satisfied with them and I understand why you are upset as previously stated another vendor messed me up bad to. So good luck and from what I've seen from Dave and Mike they will probably try and work things out.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Black Arrow
Racer

I would also like to say that the costumer service from LR is the best I`ve experienced in the 951world so far. The products they delivere is also some of the best I`ve testet. The few thing I mentioned do Dave know about, and we sort that out great. He sent me a stage 3 head, and did a compensation prize on that one.
If LR reads this I would never want to get a bad relationship with them! I`m still going to buy parts from them, and preciate all the effords they`re putting down for us 951 owners!

Sorry to read the Fecal Roster at LR-site. Hope all the "issues" will be fixed so that LR again can trust all customers like they once did. To bad they have to be more strict about over sea orders. I do understand it completely though. None of us would like to be trick`d!

Good luck everyone.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:27 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

RolexNJ and Songzzz, you guys are nuts. I thought I spent a lot of $ on my 951 till I read this post! RESPECT!

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing