Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Zeitronix WB question / thought

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 07:10 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the explanation, good info. I didnt realize the output wasnt linear. I contacted Zeintronix about it and they pretty much dismissed the idea. I really like the datalogging capability, just think the display is a bit much. I like keeping the interior clean looking. I may give this a try.
Thanks again
Old 10-01-2004, 07:21 PM
nize
Banned

why doesn't zeitronix make their own 2-inch pod-style gauge like the AEM ? then it would be the hands-down winner. somebody wanna ask them about it and refer to this thread?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nize
why doesn't zeitronix make their own 2-inch pod-style gauge like the AEM ? then it would be the hands-down winner. somebody wanna ask them about it and refer to this thread?
I did just that (referring to this thread) and the response was that they are currently working on such a gauge. They didn't give any other details, like when it would be available or how much it would cost. Watch their Web page for details, I guess.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:06 PM
nize
Banned

hahah excellent. to clarify, this should be a 2-inch pod-style gauge in ADDITION to their current setup, so you'll have the choice to run either display or both if you want. i hope they don't make you choose one or the other.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

For a real slick solution try out these folks - http://www.gadgetseller.com/gauges/modifiedproducts.htm
You can spec out the voltage for each LED in the autometer gauge.
Not too pricey either!!

BTW – the narrow band output from the Zeitronics does not work well with the AF gauges.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:38 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris is right about that. The narrow out is much slower than a real narrow band as viewed on my old Lindsey injector/afr reader
Old 12-09-2004, 04:56 PM
nize
Banned

sorry to dig up an old thread, but i was wondering where do you install the bung for the wideband sensor in the exhaust? i'm assuming it has to be downstream of where the wastegate rejoins the main pipe.

also, how do you get the wire into the passenger cabin? through the firewall or is there some way to bring it in before the firewall?

does anybody have any photos of the wideband bung install? thanks!

edit: also, does the tread size of the bung matter? i'm assuming the wideband o2 sensor from zeitronix is the same size as the stock o2 sensor, is this correct? are bungs available in different sizes?
Old 12-09-2004, 05:59 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

The o2 sensor needs to be placed after the turbo downpipe. Before the cat (if you have one). I have mine installed just before the last bend in the testpipe, angled up and towards the passenger side of the car.

No pics, but its pretty simple, just do a little test fitting, drill a hole in the exhaust and have the bung welded on. You can buy an O2 sensor bung from your local exhaust shop, or you can also order one from Zeitronix, although you'll pay more for it.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Frank@Work
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
I cannot say enough good about it. It is so easy, its funny.

I will say this... I believe he has set the software to read on the lean side, after a couple of hands on experiences - which is probably a wise business decision on his part. I think it shows .5 - .75 lean.
I am using the tps channel to log my maf, which is more important to us. The user input is nice, but you have to convert from 0-5 volt to percentage, if you want it that way.
Please elaborate! Last weekend I have installed the Zeitronix WBO2 kit (without display) and have hooked up the User Input to DME #7 (=airflow signal). I would like to use that value to be able to pinpoint the cell I have to adjust in the LR Power Perfect software.

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2004, 06:47 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Where are people installing the zeitronix LCD display? I installed mine, and its just sitting on my passenger floor board right now...
Old 12-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to dig up an old thread, but i was wondering where do you install the bung for the wideband sensor in the exhaust? i'm assuming it has to be downstream of where the wastegate rejoins the main pipe.
I went about 12" down from the turbo.

also, how do you get the wire into the passenger cabin? through the firewall or is there some way to bring it in before the firewall?
Pick up the fuse block and drop the wire in (under the fuse block), it is a perfect fit. Thanks David, would never have done it that way.

does anybody have any photos of the wideband bung install? thanks!
Yes, if you can wait, it is fing freezing outside and I dont feel like crawling under the car.

edit: also, does the tread size of the bung matter? i'm assuming the wideband o2 sensor from zeitronix is the same size as the stock o2 sensor, is this correct? are bungs available in different sizes?
The sizes seem to be the same but there are different thread pitches. Just bring the sensor, the exhaust shop should be able to handle it no problem. FWIW, the Bosch sensor being used more often now is a stock VW part.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:17 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ECUdooberhead
Where are people installing the zeitronix LCD display? I installed mine, and its just sitting on my passenger floor board right now...
Old 10-06-2005, 11:55 PM
nize
Banned

it seems zeitronix is dragging their feet on this pod-style gauge. still nothing on their site...
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 AM
special tool
Banned

Innovate has one that will work - but it is $229.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

My dispaly.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Zeitronix WB question / thought