Old 09-28-2004 | 12:54 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

This is what i based the K27/6 information from:

Dyno sheets from TonyG on the search

Guru racing dyno sheets, again on this forum and by e-mail

Several other dyno sheets on this forum

When i said 'Search Is Your Friend' i meant use the search and you would come up with what i mentioned, and i am NOT misleading.

Also, when i mention that a K27/6 is capable of 340whp or so, i mentioned that this would not work on the stock AFM, Injectors etc........now we are just going around in circles.

If i wanted to mislead someone, i would simply say het a K26/8 and run it at 30psi boost and you would see 300+whp with everything stock...THAT would be misleading.
Old 09-28-2004 | 12:55 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

i give up, it's obvious that you can't see how you are misleading folks who are trying to get information so that they don't waste their hard earned money.
Old 09-28-2004 | 12:56 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Fast: Stop making fun of me alright? seriously guys, it's like you hate me or pick on my for some reason.......and don't bring up this crap on proof and dyno sheets because they are ALL there, YOU search for them because i saw them and don't have time to perform another search and post them here (i have a life you know).
Old 09-28-2004 | 12:58 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Shaheed: If you remeber the term 'Hard Earned Money' on the Guru Chips thread, i was the one who said it, you keep repeating that line over and over again.............and quite frankly im sick of you just saying those words over and over again........you just dont see the point i am making, you just pick out a few words here and there and focus on them.

TonyG (and other members) spend their money on products and tests and share it with us, i just PASS that along, if you consider that misleading, then you have a problem with me.
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:05 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

i'll give this one more try, if you can't the contradiction in your own statements, i'm out:
Originally Posted by hosrom_951
There is a lot of information on the search (search for TonyG and K27/6), this one shows a dyno of 3 cars with K27/6 with ALL stock components:
then you write:
Originally Posted by hosrom_951
It shows the Hp between the K27/6 and the K26/8, when the K27/6 hit just under 300WHP and ~320TQ with chips being the only modification to all three cars.
someone reads that first quote it sounds like you can stick a k27 in there with no other modifications, even you then admitted later that wasn't the case.
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:07 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Just for the record to everyone here:

SHOW ME where i said that the K27/6 ALONE with get 340whp???????

I said that it is CAPABLE of it, with the proper mods (as we ALL know) you can get there on the K27/6...........WITH Dyno runs to show

Shaheed: When you said me for 'Do i read what i quote' well, do YOU read what i post???? again, show me where i mentioned, posted, quoted anyone making 340whp with JUST a K27/6............
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:16 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Shaheed: The two dyno's there, the first one is HP numbers (K27/6 at <300whp) and the second TQ numbers (showing ~320TQ or so).

Yes, when i type all stock wasn't maybe the right way around (should be more careful), but if they opened the link, they would see that chips were inolved. And as you quoted me, i also mentioned the story behind a K27/6 alone getting those numbers is not possible, further indication that i didn't notice when i typed in 'stock' components....
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:42 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hosrom, I'm not making fun of you. You know what? This is going nowhere... If you think a K27/6 will make a 340rwhp, then you are on to something....
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:57 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

John: You mentioned that you tried this and didn't get 340whp on the K27/6 correct?

First of all, i mentioned the K27/6 getting ~340whp, some got 350 soem got 310.

Also, as mentioned, you WILL need a MAP/MAF, #55 injectors (at least), better WG and a test pipe (at least). Even with these 'basic ingredients' you NEED to fine tune everything as we both know.

What i know for sure that it has been done, there is proof, it's been recommended by highly reputable members here for a long long time (some of the threads posted were a year old or more, again SOME ).

Anyways, i already mentioned this to a few members already, with in 2~3 months time i would have the neccessary 'ingredients' as mentioned above. The only problem i am facing (here anyway) is a proper dyno that would aid me in the tuning stage.

The point i am making is that the K27/6 can make such power, while that being proved a number of times here......(with the required ingredients offcourse).

Sorry about all this (Shaheed and Fast951), as we know that a simple turbo just doesn't make wonders alone, i REALLY should be proofreading a number of times befor posting (and i also mentioned that a simple turbo cannot do so).

Please accept my apologies if this got 'personal' or effected you guys in anyway i thought you guys were just picking on me for some reason.......
Old 09-28-2004 | 02:01 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hosrom, I would have never imagined that tuning is needed even for a K27/6, thank you for clarifying this for me. I appreciate it... Keep up the good work!
Old 09-28-2004 | 02:14 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

hosrom, seriously man i have no time to pick on anyone. rennlist has been really good to me and i've gotten a world of really good info here that has helped me immensely. however it really bugs me when i see someone giving advice that could end up with the recipient having a blown engine.

i know that i'm not an expert on these cars, thus when i ask technical questions i'm hoping that i get answers from people who have real experience in these areas and therefore won't lead me astray. maybe i'm wrong, but i think most folks who ask technical questions are hoping for the same thing. probably my fault for trying to look out for others from that perspective.

anyways i'm not going to get involved in these kind of discussions anymore for two reasons. one, time is too precious. two, i've got nothing against anyone in the 951 forum and therefore don't need to be getting into pissing matches with anyone.

have a nice day.
Old 09-28-2004 | 02:20 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

John: Well, upgrading any turbo would need some fuel-mapping right

Shaheed: "rennlist has been really good to me and i've gotten a world of really good info here that has helped me immensely" Same here and NOOOOO i would NEVER try to blow up someone's engine

"I know that i'm not an expert on these cars" You think i am ?

And there is nothing wrong with your perspective of asking technical quiestions (heck, i do that as well )

I just hope that Shaheed, Fast951 and I could be close buddies (and several others), who knows, we might be helping each other out in parts or so (i got new pistons for sale )

Hey John, aren't you comming by this region anytime soon??
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:26 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

What plant does this guy come from?
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:45 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

This again? Dime, just do some searching. Everything is out there.

Cheapest route is rebuild of K26. I think about $400 when all said and done.

This is also a chance for more HP. Options range from K27/6 (~300-320hp) to T04E/KKK hybrid (~300-375hp-???) to Garrett GT (~300-???) series. If you upgrade turbos you will need new chips (or maf or map), potential other mods to fit the turbo, new injectors, and boost control. You could maybe do the K27/6 for around a minimum of $1600-1800 ($700 turbo+$400 chips+$400 injectors+$100 in misc parts+install costs). Do some research, it is all out there.

Max
Old 09-30-2004 | 09:33 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

I don't mean to interupt the bickering but I have a 27/6.
with just a few of the basic bolt-ons (maf, welt chips, injectors, etc)

when a shop installed my wastegate backwards it boosted up to 24 psi or less(i'm guessing because I have an electronic controller that states the highest I've ever boosted. I didn't see the run, but can only assume it made that much at the 24)

and it pulled 355 rwhp and 393.7 lbs ft tq on pump gas.
I have the graph if you would like to see it.

edit, my turbo just went (the fins are all bent) and now I'm searching trying to find out if I should get a kokeln, or a rebuild.

Quick Reply: t04e???