Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

To Sell or Not To Sell?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 02:11 PM
turbolag
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Sell or Not To Sell?

I have a 1988 951 LE. It is the original silver rose paint and has the original scotch plaid interior. The condition of the car is as follows:
Paint: faded in places, peeled in places - needs new paint work.
Body: straight and clean - no damage.
Interior: original wool front seats have worn through and some foam is exposed. Wool is faded in all areas, seats F&R, door panels, etc. Dashboard in good condition.
Mechanical: very sound - lo mileage motor with - Powerhaus cylinder head, AutoThority Stage 2 chips, K29#8 turbo, rebuilt transmission, Sachs HiPressure clutch, lightened flywheel, Brey Krause stabilizer bar, etc.
Known issues: at the moment the motor has two minor oil leaks - one from the cam box gasket, and one in the area of the oil filter. The heater has a mind of it's own and blows hot air randomly when the controls are in the off position.
Otherwise the car is very sound and tight and runs well and needs someone to take over this minor restoration to make the car 100% again - not that much work really - mostly the cost of a paint job and redoing the interior.
So if you're interested in buying this car make me an offer I can't refuse - otherwise tell me what you think is a fair price.
Thanks for your feedback!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:51 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like it needs some work, fix it up a little so you can get more outta it. About the decision to sell or not. The answer will always be that you will miss it! Good luck.

Quick Reply: To Sell or Not To Sell?