Lindsey Fuel Rail, noise fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lindsey Fuel Rail, noise fix

Several of us found out that we could hear the pulsing in the fuel rail after the new rail install. Most of it goes away after 2000rpm anyway. The other day my seemed a bit more noisy than usual. After talking with Mike L, I looked at the line from the front to the back. I found several places in the rear where the line actually touches the body, Mike suggested these as they just got through with a customers 3.0L car and this is also what they found. The biggest noise maker was in the rear, by the brake line tee on the passenger side. I cut a pc of 3/8 rubber line(about 4 actually) and started working these on the line, between it and the body. I also found that I had the pressure line touching the brake line up front in the fender well. I used a pc of vacuum line hose there.

Needless to say the car is much more quiet now. Yes I can still here it a bit with the windows rolled up and no stereo on, but just turn on the stereo to "still carry on a conversation" level and it's all gone; windows down no stereo, all but gone. This is on my street car and not the race car.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:40 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ski, nice fix but with the money these rails cost you would think Mike would get them right rather than leaving it to you to beta test the product
Old 09-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, the rail is a what I deem a crossover, part high performance street and race setup. It's like a high performance clutch; you get the clamping force you need but you may get a little rattle. It's a great looking pc, AN fittings, etc. You only really notice it on a street car, not a race car usually due to the exhaust.

The way I noticed it is that I have a stock muffler setup, with a pipe set on it to attach to my SFR 3" exhaust. I call it my "take the wife out to dinner muffler so she won't bitch about the SFR" pulling up to Red Apple Inn. It was just little louder the other day. Lindsey is working with Marren for a damper solution. The group buy was over a year ago, no beta test.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:38 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski
Well, the rail is a what I deem a crossover, part high performance street and race setup. It's like a high performance clutch; you get the clamping force you need but you may get a little rattle. It's a great looking pc, AN fittings, etc. You only really notice it on a street car, not a race car usually due to the exhaust.

The way I noticed it is that I have a stock muffler setup, with a pipe set on it to attach to my SFR 3" exhaust. I call it my "take the wife out to dinner muffler so she won't bitch about the SFR" pulling up to Red Apple Inn. It was just little louder the other day. Lindsey is working with Marren for a damper solution. The group buy was over a year ago, no beta test.

How much did it come out at for a group buy, I can see some real merits if they get the damping sorted. I must admit to likeing Dave Lindseys parts they seem to do what they say on the box!
Old 09-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can't remember the group price, we had to do 10 and I think it ended up 14 or so. The fuel rail is certianly cooler than the stock rail, I'll try to shoot the laser on it to get a temp reading.

Quick Reply: Lindsey Fuel Rail, noise fix