Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Here it is, sorry it took so long

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004 | 03:03 AM
nickman9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Here it is, sorry it took so long

Sorry guys i have been extreamly busy the last few days. So i appologize for not calling anyone back.Heres the deal: 86 951 New paint, new wheels and tires. New head(fully P&P, surfaced and o-ringed, 5angle valve job), KKK K-29, which needs the be rebuilt, wide fire head gasket, bottom end re-sealed less then 3 years ago, compression tested 150-155 across the boards, 42 lb injectors, APE MAF, Apexi S-AFC, Custom Guru racing chips(22psi) with 3bar FPR designed for my setup. Tial 38mm wastegate with 1bar spring. Now here is the little problems it has: Needs new window switches, needs new odometer gear, needs new sunroof gear and relay, needs new winshield, needs new PS lines(from the pump to the rack), turbo needs rebuilt, vacuum lines need to be checked, has a low idle, the vehicle does run, but i haven't driven it due to the turbo being bad, i wasn't sure with the turbo being bad if i would damage anything. Other than the little things and the turbo being bad its a sound car, suspension is good, new front sway bar bushings. When the turbo was good it was rediculously fast. I have taken down Mustang Cobra's with no problem. The spool up is around 3300rpms, and when it spools up hold on!!! The mileage is 108,xxx. Oil changed every 2,500 miles only with sysnthetic. Only 94 octane was ever put in to it since i have owned it. Once again guys i appologize for not calling anyone back, working 16 hours a daybetween 2 jobs( working in a body shop and driving a tow truck at night) i tend to get caught up. Plus a nagging pregnant wife is always fun too . If anyone has any questions, please ask and i will do my best to answer in a timely matter. Take care Nick
Old 08-27-2004 | 11:17 AM
tuna2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of lag is there with a KKK K-29. I haven't ever driven with one?
Old 08-27-2004 | 12:32 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Big freaking turbo for a 2.5......

Quick Reply: Here it is, sorry it took so long