Assembly Question: Cycling Valve Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004 | 09:25 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts
Default Assembly Question: Cycling Valve Bracket

Before youi say it, no I don't want to delete my cycling vavle as I don't have manual boost control and I want the car back together the way it was before we took it apart. I have the cycline vavle bracket but I can't see where it goes. I have two metal straps one of which is still attached around the main wiring harness and another was in the bag with the mounting bracket and two bolts. Do I just take the other strap and put it somewhere reasonable and use the two bolts I have and attach the bracket to both straps. This is all I can come up with as I can't find our digital pictures and the Porsche Manual did not have a diagram. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2004 | 09:37 AM
alexands
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's another idea I got from a racecar; Mount it at the back of the intake and not under it. That way if it fails you don't have to pull the manifold. I don't recall the exact mounting method, but I would think a piece of aluminum with a few holes would do it.

Just an idea. If anyone has pictures of something like this could you please post them?
Old 08-25-2004 | 02:25 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

bump. Anybody know how this thing goes back together in stock configuration? I am doing this in like 4 hours. No worries I will just do whatever seems right, as long as it isn't really loose and sliding around.
Old 08-25-2004 | 04:44 PM
MHT
Burning Brakes

the bracket for the valve mounts to the head with the two bolts that hold the coolant pipe/fitting to the back of the head. It is a pia to get to.
Old 08-25-2004 | 11:05 PM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Forget the bracket. Use 2 or 3 zip ties to secure it to the cables that run along the firewall to the rear of the intake. No need to bury it again. Easy to inspect. The bracket shares screws with the rear water fitting and it is almost impossible to torque up one of those screws witht he bracket in place. Mine was leaking coolant once I got it all together and absolutely no way to tighten with the manifold in place. Lose the bracket!

Did you update the vac lines under the intake? Lose the venturi and y-pipe, too!
Old 08-26-2004 | 01:19 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

JDeitz:

This is what I have decided to do. After assembling it with the incorrect bolts (different lengths WTF is that) and taking it apart I used some M13 washers and built the stack up sufficiently to attach the rear water fitting properly. The only reason why I starting this thread was because I had forgotten how horribly retarded the mouting of the CV is. I would say it is really the only thing I cannot justify in terms of it being hard to work on. I think the porsche engineer that came up with this needs a good punch in the face.

I did update the vacuum lines under the intake. IE venturi delete. I did not however remove the aluminum Air Oil separator / CV vacuum signal source snake thing. I did not get the full kit from lindsey when I ordered and good silicone (like the purosil) was not available locally for the OAS to J-boot connection. So I had to reuse that. Otherwise update stuff underneat. I actually destroyed the venturi anyways when I took it apart. It was pretty much cracked out literally. All I have to do now is put the intake back on, reattach cam tower with new gasket, and set timing tension. Plan on having the car running by Friday.

Quick Reply: Assembly Question: Cycling Valve Bracket