Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Narrow band (saved my engine?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004 | 07:23 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrow band (saved my engine?)

Hi I was driving on track last week, Snetterton, and I noticed the air fuel guage doing strange things. Showing a lot leaner than it normally does at WOT and jumping around. The car didn't feel much different but I slowed as I had been pushing pretty hard (just passed a GT3 ) and went into the pits. Pulled a plug out and it looked whiter than usual. Had a look around and the pipe had come off the fuel pressure regulator. Popped it back on and it was all normal again.
I know wide band is better but narrow band (I have autometer) is better than nothing.
Tony
Old 08-25-2004 | 07:47 AM
Asarus
Pro

I also use the autometer af gauge (mainly to check is everything is still ok). How does your gauge works ?

Mine is indicating 2/3 leds in stochio zone while cruising (with a lot of come and back to the lean leds, it looks like K2000 !) and under hard acceleration it indicates 1/2 leds in stochio and 1/2 leds in rich zone. In 5th gear, and hard acceleration, i only have the last 2 leds in stochio

It looks like it is ok but i want to be sure

PS: i'll try to make a small video of the gauge to show how it behaves...
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:28 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

I adjusted the boost to try and stay above the stoich section. Under full boost (16.5 psi autometer boost guage) on version 8(K27) guru chips) It is well into the green in first three gears.
4th and fith I get about 4Leds lit first one in the orange stoich, flickering, the others (3) green (and still a little black exhaust smoke).

There is a post somewhere detailing what each led is in terms of A/F ratio.

When the pipe came off the FPR I was suddenly dropping to the middle of the orange under full boost.

Know what you mean about K2000 (in closed loop), but it hasn't started talking yet

Mine scrolls over the range, roughly between first reds and almost green when cruising.

Tony

Quick Reply: Narrow band (saved my engine?)