Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Putting our most famous vendors to the test

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 12:13 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Karl: As mentioned previously, this is about experience some products/services might be headaches for some of us (shipping, customer service, prices, etc) and some may find them average, or even great .
Old 08-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
When shipping to Canada, our customers prefer USPS as there is no clearance charge as there is by UPS or FedEx.. But thank you for the advise!!
USPS to Canada is the ONLY way to ship ... less cost with no extras other than Sales Tax. The items do arrive fast ... and if not ... it is usually with Canada Post's delivery schedule.

Jaak Lepson
Old 08-22-2004, 09:55 PM
MySwiss
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things have changed with USPS to Canada. We get our weekly shipements from our Texas office, through USPS and they now arrive with Purolator, so we get charged for Brokage fees and taxes on top of it. So the good old days of NO broakage fees, seam to be over!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MySwiss
Things have changed with USPS to Canada. We get our weekly shipements from our Texas office, through USPS and they now arrive with Purolator, so we get charged for Brokage fees and taxes on top of it. So the good old days of NO broakage fees, seam to be over!!!!!!!
It may be the shipping "package/rate" that you use. Try the cheaper one and USPS will deliver. Check their website.

Jaak Lepson

P.S. I have used Powerwerks (Pete) and got very fast and friendly service to Canada. They do stock and sell GURU products as well.

Jaak Lepson
Old 08-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

I have bought about $2500 worth of stuff from lindsey and paragon during my project this summer with my car and this is what I think.

Paragon: Very awesome. Spoke with Jason and Chip both of whom were great. No problem with the ordering and all the stuff arrived on time to meet my deadline. Everything was sent correctly and they had no problem answering my technical questions over email/phone and getting things shipped to meet my schedule. 10/10

Lindsey: Semi-awesome. Answered all my questions over email/phone and sent things in a timely fashion. One problem is that there are some mistakes on their website and I double ordered exhaust gaskets that were in the head gasket kit over the phone. The contents of the kit weren't listed online so I had to guess. I would think that over the phone they (Dave) would have caught that. It was only like $6 I think so whatever. 9.5/10

I also had a great experience with my porsche machine shop. They spent a lot of time on the phone with me and have provided extra hardware that I have broken or lost. Including a triple-square hex bolt for the cam tower which is a recommeded replacement item which he sent so that I would have it for this weekend. I will probably have him build my motor when I decide to take my 86 PCA racing, maybe in the next year or two.

So, all together the people I have worked with for parts etc.. for this car have been great. I would say much better then when I restored my mustang a few years ago.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Here are my experiences:

Vitesse: I was going to buy their kit, but I messed up the car and had to hold on the purchase, but I always received his emails within the next day. Always helpful, and always making a great deal.

Guru: They havea great product, but communication is a bit slow. I purchased their GURU chip set and I've only been happy with the result.

Paragon: Incredibly fast shnipping and great service. They are good with communication too.

Vertex: Absolutely the worst Mother F***ers in the world. I have frequently ordered from them and have either never recieved the part, or I have received the wrong part. The last time I spoke with them, they cursed me out.

Tweeks: Ahh, they're ok, their parts aren't are good in quality as paragon's are.

Lindsey: They are so good with communication, and their products are incredible, I will be purchasing from them soon.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:29 PM
ewainwright
Racer

My 2 cents

Vitesse: - No purchases from him. Yet, he, FAST951 (Vitnesse), was extremely helpful when setting my A/F ratios with the MAP I asked the supplier who promised something in writing that never materialized. The MAP directions included the magic 12.9 ratio: however, that ratio didn’t work off idle and mid range. Fast951 was clear on what to go for and where. Further, when going to my first dyno session I inquired what I should be doing and looking for with the supplier of the MAP. He did answer after reading this board and FAST951 answers and advice to me. I am sorry that I didn’t do business with Fast951 in the first place. However, that will be corrected with my 2.8 stroker build.(again thanks Fast951 for your help)

Vertex - use only in emergencies even then it might be preferable to walk while waiting for products from another vendor.They are near me (overheating issue purchased lower temperature switch for fans and thermostat)

www.ArnnWorx.com tools and Krikit tensioning tool for belts. He is ok. No telephone number with a two-week turn around

Paragon Products excellent period

Lindsey Racing - Great service everything shipped immediately. Best to talk to Dave by telephone (vacuum line kit , CV, turbo, clutch, rod bearings, oil pan seals, tune up kits, belts, coolant tank, gauges faceplate and other odds and ends)

Pauer Tuning LLC (2724 N. Wintrop, Mesa, AZ 85213) - Steel braided fuel line $150. Wonderful customer service, excellent product responded to several email. Prompt delivery as stated

MySwiss - Wonderful. Excellent customer service. I give him credit for bring down prices (Yes, I am one who also placed my Tial in backwards. Waste gate and Oil pan seal retainer)

Sunset - Beats Champion here in South Florida hands down.

Big Bore Throttle Bodies ((8-275 Pacific Coast Hwy Redondo Beach, CA 9027) three day turnaround

Ian Euro Parts- expensive (IMHO). Prompt delivery

Windward- Shipping issues. Sent me the wrong stuff and then double charged me for it. Handed the problem over to my wife (poor bastardies).

Zims- good service and prompt shipping

Thanks ed

Last edited by ewainwright; 08-23-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:41 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Let me add one more to the "good column", Travis at Rennbay. His service has been excellent, pricing and products have been great!

Regards,
Old 08-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Let me second Pauer Tuning - his hose kit is PERFECT! Easily the nicest fuel hose upgrade out there.

MySwiss has also been good to deal with. I have bought the vacuum hose kit and the T04E adapter plate, both items arrived quickly and the pricing was reasonable.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:50 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I might as well chime in too.

Paragon - tightly run ship...nice website too...very knowledgeable
Guru - bought his chips used and they work very well...haven't bought direct so I can't comment on his service
Pauer Tuning - Fuel hoses were done well and work very well...communication was good too
MySwiss - good to work with...reliable
944OilCooling.com - fixed a small mishap with the cooler very promptly

I basically haven't had a bad experience with anyone so far. I have also received good advice from John at Vitesse, Tim at SFR, Chris at 944Enhancement, Dave Lindsey, and John at Redline Rennsport. Remember that nobody is perfect, but also don't let people screw you.

Max
Old 08-23-2004, 03:15 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Ive been extremely happy with:
Paragon
Sunset
SFR..Tim is the man
GURU
Pauer Tuning
Lindsey
Scott Gomes, prob made 5 dollars off me and went ABOVE and beyond..will definately deal with him in the future
Hose Techniques
Huntley was always good to me as well
Gt Racing is slow, but have always come through...
John @ Redline
BK Auto
Chris White

I dont have many bad experiences, Anderson never really made me super happy, but in his defense it was before he was in business...

Quick Reply: Putting our most famous vendors to the test