Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 11:00 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Man, you guys are missing automobile atlanta....haha.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:15 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Karl: Being honest here, they are pretty good in service. But their prices, now that is another story
Old 08-21-2004, 11:35 AM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
hosrom_951
porshhhh951 : Did you know that UPS quoted me $170 to **** a FPR,

No Wonder they charged ya $170.00 for that
Did you ever $hit a FPR.....
regards
Ed
Somebody has been eating too much fine Indian Cuisine!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2004, 11:52 AM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

I think we all know the kind of information and help Danno offers freely even to non customers.
However we all know the guy is so run off his feet it sometimes takes quite a bit of time to respond. I was one of the people who was very critical of Danno for the time it took to respond (partly due to my spam filters) however this guy is a jewel we need to look after nurture and protect.
I have been in correspondence with Danno for the last couple of weeks regarding a Stage 2 Map kit.
The answers have not only been informative but he listens to what you are looking to achieve and rather than just sending a one size fits all explanation, the guy goes to a lot of trouble to go into the detail. The last response I received from Danno must of contained 10 minutes typing alone!
I have even heard of him travelling many miles to sort out peoples cars (Danno I won't make that request when I get my MAP)
Apparently John at Vitesse has the same attitude but i haven't dealt with John yet.
Dave Lindsey is usually quick at replying to emails (usually very brief replies, economical with words)and has a considerable knowledge but I think Dave is also a very astute salesman. However he is in business to make a buck and good luck to him.
I have bought gear for Dave and it always does what it says on the box so no complaints.
Powerwerks: I haven't bought anything yet but will be doing, Pete and Paul are good guys and I am sure they will do well.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Blueman33
Pro

Sunset Porsche has great service.

There prices range from dirt cheap to crazy expensive as they are a dealer.

They have consistently beat the aftermarket vendors on small items, then they quote you $200 for a glove box door or something crazy!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:44 PM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt H
Scott Gomes is outstanding to work with (can be hard to get ahold of, he is a busy man)
I agree on both counts. Scott Gomes (Under Pressure Performance) is fantastic to work with. He can occassionally be booked up for extended periods due to his commitment to his current customer.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:55 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

From my experience Paragon Products is truly deserving of their name. They are a paragon in the parts business. More than once Chuck or Jason have talked me out of ordering something because it wouldn't be neccessary or work with othe rparts I was buying. Not many places turn away money. Skip is also one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys you could ever talk to. I've always said that Jason could give business seminars on the right way to treat a customer.

I never had a problem with Pelican Parts. Always fast shipping and good communication.

Travis at Rennbay is one in a million. He always goes well above the call to make sure his customers are satisfied. He's going to go a long way in the business world.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:53 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Lindsay Racing has been good to talk to on the phone. That was two years ago maybe they are busier now who knows.

Vitesse customer service execllent 10 out of 10. Products very good, they do what they claim they will do. Answers e-mails promptly.

Jason at Paragon bought coil springs konis shocks good to deal with.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good thread. Here's a few of my experiences.

Vitesse Racing: 10/10
Nothing but great stuff to say about John here. He's been on top of everything I've ever asked of him, spent wayyyyyy to much time working some issues out with me that were unrelated to what I purchased from him, and he puts as much trust in his customers as they put into him.

Guru Racing: 2.5/10
Products never really worked out for me. I tend to be really picky and very clear about what I want and Guru wasn't right for me. That's not a big issue for me because we're modifying cars and it usually isn't as cut and dry as we like. My biggest issue was being lied to and sitting around waiting for my products to arrive. A real big hang up with me when it comes to suppliers.

Paragon Products: 7.5/10
Usually top notch but have made mistakes on my last two orders? (one phone order with Jason, the other online) The last order cost me an extra $25 bucks to get parts here that I needed to complete a motor with a deadline. They also never responded to my feedback e-mail explaining the mistake and trying to find resolution. Hopefully it was just a glitch or they were hung over. Will still use them in the future but cautiously.

My Swiss: 10/10
One order, Great price, and it showed up early. Never spoke to him. The perfect customer/supplier relationship.

Lindsey Racing:9.5/10
They've also been top notch and have become my supplier of choice when I need a part on-time. I've purchased all of my suspension products from them as well as all of the parts for my last three motor builds. Spent a good 10K with them in the last 9 months. Not once have they ever omitted a part I ordered or had an order show up late. When I ordered my suspension, most of it showed up next day? A nice surprise. The only feedback I have for them is it can be difficult when trying to order parts from Stephanie (I think that's here name) as she doesn't appear to be overly familiar with cars or the non-lindsey parts. I usually just ask for Dave and he gets it squared away.

Vertex Auto: 7.5/10

Usually pretty good. My only issue with them is if you order a part and need some type of express shipping and they don't have the part in stock, they don't let you know that it'll be a week before you get it, and still charge you for the second day air. They usually make frequent attempts to resolve your issues or have you not be so pissed off at them.

Speedforce Racing: 8.5/10
I was in a bind on a part once and I think Tim charged me a bit too much. Kinda felt like he should have kissed me first but I guess if I was willing to pay it. Tim charges a premium for his stuff. I've only had one order with Tim, but a friend of mine had some issues with his products (I witnessed it so it's not second hand info) and Time was johnny on the spot getting it resolved and even sent out some loaner stuff to get the car going. I was very impressed.

Auto Atlanta............. I wouldn't **** on these guys if they were on fire.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:14 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....lot's of great feedback guy's let's keep this thing going. I think you find that you can have problem's with any vendor every once in awhile. As long as those are kept to a minimum and the customer's are kept happy .....as well as the actual product being what he said it was I would venture to say most of our aftermarket support is very very good.

Everyone know's I am the Lindsey Racing poster child. They are the only one's I have ever ordered anything from and most likely will be the only one's I ever let work on the car. I have ordered some small stuff through paragon before and I also have nothing but, good words to say about them. Me being younger and this being my first turbo porsche I don't have gobs and gobs of money to spend.....but, with the 6-7k in aftermarket go fast goodies I have on my car Lindsey has been top notch. I am sure when I break down and get the turbo done and retuned by him I will feel even better about Lindsey than I already do.

Jermey your expeirences were very interesting to me. I remember talking with you on the phone those few time's and you are one of the very few people who have ordered chip's by all of these guy's and actually tested them out. I apreciate your freedback on this issue as well.

We should have this as a sticky. Everyone who currently has something to say about a certain vendor can post in this thread and we can keep it updated and current.

After all it's our time, and hard earned money isint it??
Old 08-21-2004, 08:02 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Karl: Being honest here, they are pretty good in service. But their prices, now that is another story

You are absolutely kidding right? I got double charged for a product that took 2 months to get even though it was in stock and "Had shipped...but we dont have the tracking number handy...we will get back to you." Then they had no record of double charging my visa even though it had been....oh we will refund that....nope never did. Finally had to let Visa handle it. They are absoluetly the worst customer service company i have EVER dealt with.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:26 PM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Vitesse- I ordered over $2500 worth of stuff and John was very helpful and answered all my questions. John is a stand-up guy with amazing gear.

Guru- I ordered two different chip kits and both were delivered within two weeks , Danno was very helpful and has always done what he said he was going to do.

Speed Force Racing- Ordered my Tial wastegate and adapters along with my test-pipe and Tim had them delivered asap, Tim has also been very heplful with any questions I had and his fabrication skills are top notch!

All in all I've been very lucky with all these vendors and don't have a bad word to say about any of them.......thanks guys for my 285 rwhp bullet!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:33 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

ok i'll throw in my 2 cents since i've dealt with many of these vendors.

vitesse: just today john spent most of his morning helping me setup my SMT6 to control boost. this is just another instance of john going way beyond his obligations to help me out. i don't see how customer support could possibly be any better, not mention that the products themselves rock. i'd have to be an idiot to purchase a product that john carries from any other vendor.

SFR: i've ordered a few things from tim and never had a problem with either the process or the product.

lindsey: i've ordered a few things from them, i have to agree that dave is often too short when answering his email. this tends to compound the fact that there seems to be some marketing fluff on his website that doesn't make sense. i have no regrets about the lindsey products that i've ordered though, they've been fine and were delivered as promised.

guru: don't know how to comment here without sounding negative. i was never able to get a working set of chips (car never even started with them) from them after a year. i was willing to believe that the chips were fine and i was doing something wrong. but after i got a set of vitesse chips they worked the very first time. thing is i wouldn't have even minded the long wait if the chips actually worked, but multiple copies of them never worked.

scott gomes: never actually bought anything from him, but have had conversations with him about his products. was impressed with his knowledge.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:21 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ok here are the guys i have dealt with:

Automobile Atlanta: I wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy......orrrr would I?

Lindsey: Never had a problem with them, I have never emailed back and forth with Dave, instead i just call him and he is very helpful. They have some very reasonable pricing on certain items.

Paragon: Extremely helpful as always, one of the best vendors in my opinion

Ians/944online: Service has always been great, but he is very inconsistent on pricing. Some things are really high, others are low. If cost isn't really an issue to you, he is the guy to do business with

PartsWerks of chicago: Again, wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy. Very high shipping charges for very small items. Don't know when they have shipped items, if they have shipped the item, where they live, what time break is, or how to get home.

Travis @ Rennbay: Awsome, great pricing/customer service

Boost Sciences: Order was shipped quick, no problems

Vertex Auto: Quick shipping, decent pricing. Although the tie rods did arrive half-poking out of the box, nothing was damaged....could have those UPS As@$#@!s
Old 08-21-2004, 11:23 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Oh forgot one more:

All the guys on rennlist that i have sold parts to, or bought parts from: Awesome!

Quick Reply: Putting our most famous vendors to the test