Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Putting our most famous vendors to the test

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 07:23 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

No argument about Danno's product quality. Top notch. That's what makes the wait even more unbearable.

Lindsey has shipped stuff to me very quickly and the quality is there too.

I'm also a happy Rennbay customer. Travis shipped me fuel lines faster than anything has ever been shipped to me.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:51 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What speaks in Guru's favor is the fact that he can make chips to whatever configuration you have. I'd like more power and I'm torn between going for a kit from Vitesse/Lindsey or going with a 27/6 which will make the power I'm after (320rwhp). The 27/6 is obviously a more reasonable solution, but requires the help of a good programmer. As far as I can tell, there are few people with the insight and knowledge Danno has on these cars.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:00 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah I would defentely agree with you there. Danno really really knows his stuff. I think maybe if he took on a partner or something he might be able to manage things a little better. I just don't want to see him go under. I think most people on this board feel this way. We all love Danno's advice and product's.........and more over like I said earlier I think he is a very nice guy but, no one should have to wait several month's for chip's or a redialboost. Hearing some of these stories around here it's hard to have all the fact's...and the stories are normally one sided. Terry's expeirence is my first real hands on dealing with him in the business world.....I just hope it all get's resolved quickly as I am sure it will.

A word to the wise on vendor's.....try to look at your schedule and be as earnest as you can be when telling people dates of arival on these types of things. Obviously some stuff just can't be forseen and you run into problem's....but, having the same problem's over and over again is how you loose business.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Danno has been very helpful to me in the past though shipping has been slow. Since I had seen that comment like 1000 times I didnt care. Buyer beware, right? I dont think anyone, Danno included would say he ships faster than anyone else.

My experience with Lindsey was the same a B951S. No return of phone calls, emails and when I did finally get ahold of them they werent interested or so it seemed.

Paragon has always been great (and I dont remember seeing a single complaint about them every).

Tim at SFR has been very good to work with.

Scott Gomes is outstanding to work with (can be hard to get ahold of, he is a busy man)

Performance Developments was by FAR the most professional vendor I have ever dealt with in the Porsche world. You can hear the difference on the phone.

John at Vitesse has answered numerous questions for me though I have not had the chance to order anything from him. I HAVE received shipments from him for our Canadian brethren and they have always been on time and well packaged.

As to UPS, if a vendor will only use UPS I will order somewhere else. UPS has the worst customer service of any mail place including USPS. Bring on Fedex or DHL.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:15 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

why do you think UPS charges so much on international stuff???
Old 08-20-2004, 08:50 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lately i have ordered alot of parts and this is what i thought about all the vendors. I haven't had any bad experience so they are all great.

I only have only but good things to talk about danno and gururacing.net He shipped my stuff out fast and the products work great. Also he helped me with other problems on my car that didn't even have to deal with his products but he went out of his way just to help me and i want to thank him for that.

Paragon Products. Ordered front reseal kit pilot bearings etc.. Haven't had deal with calling them or anything because i usually just order off the internet but overall they shipped my products out fast and they all were there when i received them

Speedforceracing
I ordered wastegate,clutch and a couple of other things and he was very helpful and always helped me out when i needed and shipped stuff and received them on time.

Lindseyracing
Great service i sent in a turbo from the previous owner to get new seals in it since it was not even a year old and the seals were going bad on it. He ended up fixing the seals for the price of shipping. I also ordered other parts and received them on time and product works great

Performance products
Ordered stuff but somtimes on back order but other then that received on time and no problems

Vertex Auto
Haven't ordered anything lately but when i ordered parts from before received on time and no problems
Old 08-20-2004, 09:15 PM
ftanguay
Racer

Guru racing: 1st set or chip's arrive in a week! but the second arrive in 2 month. But definitily worth the wait. The next time I'll probably try is Est cost reseller.

Lindsey: been turn out pretty rude when I wanted to bought a full suspension. But been really nice today as I order a turbo oil filter??? who know's...

944 online: fast enought, but really pricey for unusual parts

Bramall turbo: REALLY good!!! ship fast and cheap too. less than 3 days to rebuild my own turbo for 520$ CA and most of all they balance it!

My swiss: good price for aftermarket and fast shipping.

Allshocks: fast answer, GREAT price on shocks, but don't want to admit there error on springs calculation and don't want to exchange them. I don't think I'll be doing business with them again.

As other said, UPS suck in Canada. They always loose package and charge a fortune in duty fee. USPS, Fed-ex, Canpar or Purolator are the way to go.

PS: if tuner wanted to do gift package (declare value) it would be VERY appreciate.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:10 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

My two cents, for what its worth...

Tuners:
John at Vitesse is currently offering the absolute best support for the 951, bar none. His products are top notch, and will do exactly what he says they will. I have also been very happy with my experiences with Dave Lindsey, and my 951 looks like a rolling billboard for his products (dual port wastegate, Stage II MAF, hard pipes, CBV, 3" exhaust, fuel pump and probably a few other things I have forgotten). You will do fine with either of these two tuners. For what its worth, I will be migrating to more Vitesse parts over the next year or so...

Regular parts:
Paragon can't be beat, and Jason and Skip are the epitome of the word "service". Not always the cheapest, but always consistent and they try very hard.

944Online/Ian's Europarts. I REALLY REALLY like Ian, and consider him to be my friend, so it pains me a bit to say this, but it seems like his pricing has been very inconsistent lately. I still buy from him, out of loyalty, but I know he generally won't be the lowest price anymore, whereas a few years ago, he probably would have been. His service is still top notch, tho.

Regards,
Old 08-20-2004, 10:24 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

So far I have definitely agreed with everyone about Paragon Products. They are the most trustable source of parts, and you can tell just by speaking with them on the phone. They know how to do business in a timely fashion!

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:18 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

porshhhh951 : Did you know that UPS quoted me $170 to SHIP a FPR, Bypass valve and glove box steel handles to Dubai

THey claimed 3~5 business day and another $50 for customs?

USPS charged me $27.80 an arrived here in 5 days exactly with NO customs charge .......i even ordered strut inserts, springs, bushings, hardware... 33lbs worth of stuff and USPS charged me $150 to ship it here, while UPS quoted me over $342 ..........so USPS always worked best for me.

Last edited by hosrom_951; 08-21-2004 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

hosrom_951
porshhhh951 : Did you know that UPS quoted me $170 to **** a FPR,

No Wonder they charged ya $170.00 for that
Did you ever $hit a FPR.....
regards
Ed
Old 08-21-2004, 12:12 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crazy Eddie: Hahahaha............. you know what i mean........!!!

Besides, the FPR tends to go $hit after 10+ years of working anyway

Anyway, i edited that post sorry guys
Old 08-21-2004, 12:12 AM
poormans9fitty1
Banned

When I first got into 951s, I new nothing about cars. I emailed Lindsey racing countless times. They basically acted as my forum until I found rennlist. Every time they answered my questions in full. Great Company!
Old 08-21-2004, 04:50 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry hosrom_951
I couldnt resist
regards
Ed
Old 08-21-2004, 05:30 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member