Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Injectors, last question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 10:49 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow....defenetely something werid must have been going on. I have visited their shop twice now with no problem's. I am very glad to hear that things are going well for you. We miss you here locally. I am going to go ahead with the dallas GTG once my car is back on the road shortly do you think you could make it down if I have you enough advance notice. I want to see this beast if at all possible.

Thanks again on my annoying tire question's back in the day. Because of you I went with the So3's. I now have some Dr's on order for the rear as well. Thanks again and let us know how your install go's.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know when you guys have it, if you can make it a weekend the Cowboys are playing I might just make it down!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:51 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt H
I started the project about 9 months ago. God I hope I can remember how the wiring goes back together.
If you need a template, gimme a shout and I'll bring Beabea over.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Michelle, that would be GREAT. I will let you know as we get closer. I know Kevin wanted to meet you as well.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:45 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool. I'd also love to help you as prep to my own rebuild. However, the garage doors go up next weekend. I might be able to help on Sunday and then the following weekend. Labor Day is out. Lemme know
Old 08-16-2004, 11:49 AM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt,
I see why you did no business with Lindsey, if I had been treated like that there is no way they would get my cash !! Power to you mate! I must admit that I tend to only deal with people who have good clear communication and treat customers with a degree of respect. I was going to spend quite a few $$$ with Windward Performance but they never returned my emails and when I called (international) put me on hold for ages. Their loss not mine, at the end of the day they don't do anything you can't get elsewhere!!! I must admit that Dave Lindsey has always been helpfull informed and courteous with me. But your experience speaks for itself!
What spec are you building your beast to?
I am just waiting for my cylinder head back from the gas flowers before I start building mine. Here in UK there is very little for 944/951 Most of the Porsche owners over here frown and look down their noses at anything that is not Air Cooled.

Cheers
Tom

PS What is a Greasslinger???
Old 08-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Tommo - I think that Lindsey probably has good customer service, there are plenty who have been pleased with them. I am just not one of them. Good thing you backed out from Windward, never heard anything good about them.

Specs? Well that depends. Shooting for 400HP at the wheels but I think my T04E is going to be too small to accomplish that. Probably more like 365 or so but I am planning on running a lot of boost so we shall see.

I have a Scott Gomes head and I was very pleased with the work. I will let everyone know how the car runs, hopefully in the near future.

I used to live in the midlands, near Ipswich at RAF Lakenheath. I went to boarding school there, my graduation was held at Ely Cathedral. I love England, traveled throughout when I lived there and dated a girl who lived up north in Harrogate.

Greaseslinger is the Texas Chapter of the Rennlist Club of sorts. A group of guys in Texas who know each other, take frequent road trips and help Rennlisters whenever possible. A REALLY good group of guys.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:05 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

How are things coming with your beast?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Havent got much on it. Found out this morning someone jacked a few thousand bucks from my bank account as well. I need to call you later and ask about this as I have to file reports, etc. Unfortunately it is not in Illinois but I suppose the advise will mostly be the same.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:22 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Just wanted to chime in here about what everyone has said about Lindsey Racing. I have only called them one time, about an Autopower roll bar, and it took them weeks to get back to me. They acted as though they could get better prices than the everyday customer, so I gave them a chance to call, get some info, and get back to me. By the time they got back to me, another few weeks past, and they had the nerve to ask which roll bar I wanted. Well, obviously they had not done one thing for me yet, as I specifically told them the roll bar I wanted the first two times I talked to them. Finally, another few weeks past and I recieved a message from them stating the same prices they could get, and the same shipping estimates. Basically all they did was **** me off enough to probably never buy anything from them, unless of course it is my last resort.

Oh yeah, I also read their article about injectors that was posted in this thread. What a joke! It was probably the least informative article I have yet to read about injectors, anywhere!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:07 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Badass,
Did you speak to Dave Lindsey?
I am starting to question my opinion about Lindsey's based on a few of the posts I have seen recently. Seems like the customer service may be failing. Anyway companies that lose interest in their customers eventually lose interest in business, through falling cashflow.
Are you still planning on highZ injectors?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:15 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tommo951
Badass,
Did you speak to Dave Lindsey?
I am starting to question my opinion about Lindsey's based on a few of the posts I have seen recently. Seems like the customer service may be failing. Anyway companies that lose interest in their customers eventually lose interest in business, through falling cashflow.
Are you still planning on highZ injectors?
Yup. I definitely spoke with Dave Lindsey. If I were to run a business and someone called me for a part, I would call them back within a matter of minutes or hours, not weeks. I felt as though I was a waste of their time, and any business that treats a customer this way is not a good business. Don't people learn anything in college or high school even?

As far as the injectors go, I already purchased highZ injectors and am anxious to see how they perform.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:23 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

I want to note that I am not saying that their products are poor, as I have never owned any, but just wanted to state the simple fact that I would not feel comfortable giving my hard earned money to someone that takes so long to do their job. If I had actually ordered the roll bar when I called the first time, I am positive that I would have still not recieved it yet.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:57 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Badass,
Keep us up to date with the HighZ injectors, really interested to see how you get on
Old 08-18-2004, 11:13 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Matt H
Havent got much on it. Found out this morning someone jacked a few thousand bucks from my bank account as well. I need to call you later and ask about this as I have to file reports, etc. Unfortunately it is not in Illinois but I suppose the advise will mostly be the same.
I'm sorry to hear this. I'll do what I can. Call anytime.

Quick Reply: Injectors, last question