Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Can't hit above 15psi for Guru 18psi chips

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Texas Sooner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big-time kudos to Jason for wrenching until 11:00pm with a 7:00am autocross looming the next day. Now that I'm happily boosting, I need more rubber! I was pushing the old, crusty P-zero fronts whilst spinning the P7000 rears at the autoX. Still got faster on each run, plus no cones!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job guys! Jeff had a similar problem on his car too. He had tried all the testing and troubleshooting and replacing parts on the engine. Then we took a look at his exhaust and it had an aftermarket catalytic welded in.. AHAH!!! So I pulled my stock cat-pipe off the rack and threw it on, ZOOMMmmm! Instant boost! Have fune!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:22 AM
z3bra
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I've seen this idea on Rennlist before, and it's hardly a new idea, but while we're on the subject of checking for exhaust leaks, why do the soapy water and hurry while it warms up method?

If you have access to a compressed air source or easier still, a shop vac that has a blower output, stuff that in the tailpipe with some rags to seal it up a little. (With a shop vac it's moving enough air volume that the seal doesn't even have to be close to perfect, just enough to keep the hose from falling out.) Then you can take your time and find the leak with soapy water without burning yourself or having to wait between checks while it cools down again. It's safer, more thorough, and easily done if you have the right tools which most people probably do already.

Quick Reply: Can't hit above 15psi for Guru 18psi chips