Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

You might be a ricer if...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 02:46 PM
alexands
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You might be a ricer if...

Some things are too funny not to pass on. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. If it does....you may not be on the right forum

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/devlmad...t75/ricer.html

Also, found some great products that will solve all of the problems we experience with turbos and BOV's from time to time.

The BOV sound simulator

The Turbocharger spooling sound simulator
Old 08-12-2004, 04:21 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alexands
Some things are too funny not to pass on. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. If it does....you may not be on the right forum

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/devlmad...t75/ricer.html

Also, found some great products that will solve all of the problems we experience with turbos and BOV's from time to time.

The BOV sound simulator

The Turbocharger spooling sound simulator
Those spooling sound ones are available on ebay for like $15.

I wanna buy one and put it on my 951 for an evening of sillyness, TWIN TURBO POWER
Old 08-12-2004, 05:17 PM
baron951
Instructor

A little off topic
Two nights ago a NA civic with NOS (I am scared) loaded with spoiler kit ground effects lights I mean this car was so loud. Ok on with the story he pulls up along side of me on the park way and his buddy roles the window down hey you want to race that slow *** Porsche why dont you get a real porsche not a VW. Need I say more
Old 08-12-2004, 05:34 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baron951
He pulls up along side of me on the park way and his buddy roles the window down hey you want to race that slow *** Porsche why dont you get a real porsche not a VW. Need I say more
That's totally classless!

In contrast to your negative experience. Last night, while I was in the "Ian Special" on a 3-lane road, I passed a slower-moving car with some boost, say from 45-65 in a heartbeat. Well, a driver in a white Mustang GT pulled up beside me with a stunned, albeit happy look on his face and revved his engine. As we approached the first station, he signalled for me to pull into the station with him to talk. The guy looked harmless enough, and the station was well-lit with many people around, so I did.

He immediately wanted to know what was in/on the car. He said that he loved the sound of the turbo spooling up, and that he could hear it well from his car. So, we talked for a while about the mods on the car, and, among other things, I was impressed that he knew that the brakes were 4-piston monoblocs! It turns out that he had several mods on his GT, and claimed around 325 HP at the crank. He continued to rave about my car, so I invited him to look at the engine and then at the interior. I even asked him if he would like to go for a ride, and he said, absolutely. When he sank down into the racing seat, he said that he had to get him some of those for his car! He loved the the boost and the braking ability, and when we got back, he thanked me for the ride and said, "I had never been in a Porsche before. That was awesome!"

Before this, my impression of most Mustang drivers had been that they were quite obnoxious. I have lost count of how many of them have come up beside me and revved their engines, and/or wouldn't let me pass them on the Interstate. This experience was great, and it was great to meet a Mustang driver who appreciates Porsches and who had a lot of class.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:53 PM
baron951
Instructor

I had a postive experiance at the SCCA pro Rally in PA when I meet some DSM tuners
We spoke for a few hours on one of the stages then I took one of them for a ride he had a little video camera and his friends followed in their truck. When we arrived at the service station my DSM passenger told his friends we need to get one of these Porsche cars. Oh yea and they thought is was cool that fire came out my exhaust inbetween shifts ( I was on it hard no traffic in front so much fun)
I respect any one who has a passion for cars and speed
Old 08-12-2004, 06:20 PM
alexands
Pro

You guys have some good points. Most of the kids that drive those cars really are into all sorts of cars. I've found them to be fairly knowedgeable about Porsches and turbo chargers. Almost all of them have said they'd kill to have my car.

When I was a kid I suppose folks were snickering at me in my jacked up Trans Am with traction bars and no exhaust pipes (just headers and Thrush mufflers)....even though I never went near a drag strip. But I was cool, and that's all that mattered at the time.

Quick Reply: You might be a ricer if...