See how stupid i am!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 03:00 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation See how stupid i am!

I cleaned the engine. But i didn't use water, i used a grease remover. Anyway, i put so much in there, that now she doesn't want to start . I did something similar to this before, but left it overnight and she started up. I am asking this, if the reference/TDC sensors fail, the tach doesn't move right? if it bounces a bit when cranking, it means everything is ok?

Nothing on the gauges is moving, except the oil pressure gauge which reads from 0 to 2+ bar when cranking. This means that the TDC/Reference sensor got wet/busted?

I am just going to leave it for a while (heat hits in at 10:00 am and i reach home by 5:00pm, things should dry up by then).
Old 08-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most likely there is liquid in the spark plug holes. Pull the spark plug wires. Make sure that you pull only on the boots that attach to the spark plugs or you may pull the wire out of the boot. Check with a flashlight. If there is liquid in the holes and you do not have compressed air available, push paper towels into the holes with a long screwdriver or rod. Keep doing this until they are dry. Then reinstall the wires and try again.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Hosrum ... you should of rinsed the cleaner with water. I have had NO problems when I have cleaned any engine, have done well over 50 of them. You make sure it is slightly warm before you start washing and after you rinse it down you should start the engine right away. Keep the water away from the coil, cap, and wires. If you have access to comperssed air, use a "light" flow of air to dry off the electrical/ignition componants.

YMMV

Jaak Lepson

edit: try using a hair dryer on the ignition wires IF you did not use a FLAMABLE cleaner! Had to do this with Fords in the 80's ... cloud comes near, won't start.

Last edited by Jaak Lepson; 08-06-2004 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 08-06-2004, 06:20 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

thanks guys, a couple hours ago she started just fine but does the tach jump a bit when cranking (usually)?
Old 08-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it should.

Quick Reply: See how stupid i am!