Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CHECK YOUR INSURANCE PAPERS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:59 PM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CHECK YOUR INSURANCE PAPERS!!!

Unbeknownest to me, the insurance on one of my cars - my 968 that got hit by a tourist trolley bus last month - although correctly insured for "pleasure use only" had an additional clause in it that precluded drivers in my household with less than 10 year licensing on record from driving this car. I've never seen this on any of my policies before!

Unfortunately, it was my son with 3 years driving who got hit by the bus and now the insurance company is giving me grief.

No issue with the fact that the bus is at fault (thanks to a third party witness who sent a detailed email that very day) - just that I will get fined 10X the rate differential for that added clause!

Problem is that the insurance broker input the the rate class change after confirming that the car was for pleasure use only - all my other cars that are "pleasure only" don't have the exclusion clause!!! I've never heard of that before! I just checked all my other policies and they are all fine - no exclusions!!!!
Old 07-30-2004 | 01:23 PM
Waterguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ICBC introduced that clause last year, and my broker discussed it with me. I have it for my 951, but not for our Dodge or Mazda. I believe it is available for both pleasure and to/from work, so check all your vehicles. Saves me about $300/yr for the 951 but would save me far less on the econoboxes. I guess they don't want new drivers driving sports cars; immagine that!
Old 07-30-2004 | 01:27 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ARRRRRR I HATE REGULAR INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!!! My agent is a slime ball. When My moms car was totaled she did not get a rental simply because he "forgot" to tell her it is $20 a year for rental car coverage.

Quick Reply: CHECK YOUR INSURANCE PAPERS!!!