Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Missing when cold

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing when cold

I have a '86 944 Turbo, I have noticed that my car misses when it is cold. I just change the wires/cap/rotor about 4 months ago. I did the plugs about a year ago. I know that my car runs very rich when I get on the car very hard, so I am thinking to just plug or just replace the plugs. I have checked before for vacuum leaks, none. Also, if anyone has put in the 38mm tial wastegate for their car, is it just a swap or what? I bought mine with the group buy a few months ago but HATE it just sitting there. Plus I have noticed something VERY interesting in power loss at upper RMP's. I have guru 15psi which I get and hold, by the time 6.5 comes around I am down to 10psi!!! Plus I know that I am losing some at low RPM because I don't seem full boost until 3.5.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

I know you've checked, but a vacuum leak can cause all those symptoms. Also, check the temp sensor in the head and the O2 sensor. Does it miss at idle and WOT when cold?
Old 07-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, what are the ways to test for a vacuum leak that are good then? I have done fog before and never noticed anything getting sucked in or pushed away. But then again, can't get it everywhere, so how else is a good way to find out then? I have done checks looking at it and have had the car in the shop before and they never noticed anything. So if I do have one, I think it is VERY small.

Quick Reply: Missing when cold