Vacuum / Water Line kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts
Default Vacuum / Water Line kits

Anybody out there recently replaced vacuum lines / coolant lines on their 951. I found a few kits which appear to have unique lines which I may have difficulty finding. What have you guys done in the past? I will definitely be replacing all of the under-intake vacuum lines.

As another note, I did a DE with the northern Ohio region this weekend @ mid-ohio. Turned out my father and I parked next to two rennlisters 944Fest and two friends both named brian. Very cool guys. I had a blast driving a friend's 951 but I only had the one day (Saturday). I ended up getting on a plane very early this morning to get back to Florida where I drove to southern georgia for an SCCA region autocross. I had only done road-course driving so autocross was unique. I did really well running my friends second gen. Rx-7. Definitely the most exhausting weekend of high speed driving so far... So it was like 6 AM flight on friday to Ohio, Saturday DE, 6 AM flight to florida followed by autocross.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:17 AM
poormans9fitty1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used one from lindseyracing.com. All it really is is a long piece of hose and a little map of where the vac lines are. That weekend sounds exciting.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:37 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Lindsey's Vacuum kit is great, the stock prices may reach $200, Lindsey supplies a better and much MUCH cheaper kit. Also comes with 5 t brass fittings. As for the water-hose kit. I think Lindsey also sells one, but you may want to do a search. I replaced all the vacuum lines on my 951, took a little over 1 hour (keeping the ISV, and the other junk under the intake). The water-hoses would be more of a challenge. Took me 3+hours. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:14 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the myswiss kit, which is basically the same. There isn't much under the intake manifold that you can't replace with hoses matched up from NAPA. Both kits come with the two that are pretty unique. Beyond this, a trip to NAPA took care of me for the coolant hose to the heater valve, the coolant hose near the turbo coming from the expansion tank, and a couple of miscellaneous vacuum hoses.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the myswiss kit as well. Since my car is red, used the red hose and secured each connection with a small red tye-wrap. There is no way any hose is falling off.

Jaak Lepson
Old 07-15-2004, 02:04 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a vacuum leak recently so I went to the ricer shop and got all the hozes I needed. It was a bit more than the LR kit but I needed it that day. If you have the time get the kit from LR or myswiss.

Quick Reply: Vacuum / Water Line kits