Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

best boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 02:33 PM
JPR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best boost controller

Im debating between going manual or electronic boost controller. I have heard much from the manual ones, is there a general consensus on the which electronic one works best? Im using a turbonetics wastegate with the stock turbo.

Any input will be appreciated

Jpr
Old 07-09-2004, 02:52 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Depends on what you want to spend.
I think the best MBC's are from Boostscience
The ReliaBoost -2 or the Accuboost With the ceramic ball upgrade

Electronic boost controllers seem like a bit of overkill, tho, I will probably have one someday as I cant leave well enough alone
Old 07-09-2004, 03:23 PM
P.Po
Instructor

I have tried a Electronic Boost controller, and a manual boost controller, and now I have everything stock hooked back up with a modified banjo bolt.

The boost controllers are only good if you like screwing around with how much boost you are going to run. I found that I like to set it, and forget it. Besides, changing the banjo bolt is really simple if I every decide to run more boost. Also, do you have the means to modify your air/fuel ratio when you adjust boost? If not, then neither boost controller is right for you.

I have an Apexi Electornic boost controller I would be willing to sell because I decided that the stock system is much better!!

-Patrick Parato
Old 07-09-2004, 03:54 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

how much patrick?
Old 07-09-2004, 05:09 PM
daniel951
Race Car

i am intersed as well? EBC will work better if u have a Dual port wastegate. Also u have to specify best controller or best for the money
Old 07-09-2004, 05:19 PM
P.Po
Instructor

Cool....

I will go to my shop this weekend, pick it up and take some pictures. I will also get the exact model number as well for you guys. I still have the original box.

I was going to post it on E-bay but I would rather sell it here. I will get all this stuff and let you guys know by Monday afternoon. It is in perfect working order and I spent about $700 cdn for it. Not sure how much I want for it yet.

I also have a manual adjustable boost controller that I will sell cheap.

I promise to let you know price and get some pictures available.

-Patrick Parato

P.S. - I also have some Huntley Racing Hardpipes and monster blow off valve I would be willing to sell. MAF not included. Will get pics as well.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:29 AM
P.Po
Instructor

Whoops!!!

Sorry guys I messed up!! The boost controller I have is a HKS EVC EZ. Sorry for the confusion. If anybody is still interested in buying it please E_mail -> pparato@certapay.com.

I can send pictures of you E-mail me.

It retails for about $400us. I would be willing to sell it for $190us. It is in perfect working order, I will gaurentee that and refund promptly if you have any problems with it.

Again, sorry for the confusion guys.

Regards,
Patrick Parato

Quick Reply: best boost controller