Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Koni Yellow Adjuster (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/143464-koni-yellow-adjuster.html)

Cyrus951 07-03-2004 03:15 AM

Koni Yellow Adjuster

I need the Koni Yellow adjusment cup, and my shocks are on the stiffest setting, whenever I hit a bump, my head hits the ceiling of the cabin.
Does anyone have one they don't need?

Also, what is the step by step process of adjusting the shocks, front and back, to their softest settings. Also, The PO lifted the front end of the car via the Konis, how do I lower the car?

Epic2112 07-03-2004 05:12 AM

As far as the stiffness, on the front turn the little thing clockwise to make it softer. I don't have the knob either, I just used a pair of plyers. The rear shocks have to come off of the car. You remove the foam bump stop, compress them all the way and start to turn them. You'll feel it click into place, and then you can turn them to adjust them. I don't remember which direction is stiffer and which is softer, but you'll be able to tell pretty easily.

hosrom_951 07-03-2004 05:22 AM

You can get one from Paragon Products.

hosrom_951 07-03-2004 05:25 AM

For the front settings, using the Koni Knob. Set it to full firm, then set them to full soft. From there, take 1/2 a turn (i find that 1/2 turn is softer than no turns at all), the fronts are adjusted from the engine bay. The rears, have to come off. Jack up the car, remove the wheels and undo two bolts, one on the top and one on the bottom of the shock. Clockwise turning for stiffer and counter-clockwise for soft.

Rob in Oz 07-03-2004 06:00 AM

Re: Koni Yellow Adjuster

Originally posted by Cyrus951
I need the Koni Yellow adjusment cup, and my shocks are on the stiffest setting, whenever I hit a bump, my head hits the ceiling of the cabin.
Does anyone have one they don't need?

Also, what is the step by step process of adjusting the shocks, front and back, to their softest settings. Also, The PO lifted the front end of the car via the Konis, how do I lower the car?

The Konis' settings don't have anything to do with the height of the front - this is purely controlled by the springs. If you have coilovers on adjustable seats, you can adjust the height by screwing the seat down. If you don't have coilovers and have the standard struts and seats, you'll need to buy some new springs and fit them.

Rob

poormans9fitty1 07-03-2004 12:36 PM

Could setting the konis too stiff effect the springs? Could it ruin your stock springs????

SeaCay 07-03-2004 03:53 PM

On single adjustable Konis, you are only adjustng rebound settings with the little wheel. You need double adjustables to be able to adjust compression settings. Thus, you're not going to make your shock soft or hard in the manner you're seeking.

poormans9fitty1 07-03-2004 05:27 PM

do thats a no then????

Cyrus951 07-04-2004 07:05 PM

bump, anyone have an adjuster for sale..

Does anyone have pics of the actual adjustor that I have to turn to make my shocks softer?

Please help..

tazman 07-04-2004 07:17 PM

When I got my car I did not have the knob either so I bought one from Paragon. They have a pic of them on their site also http://www.paragon-products.com/product_p/koni-knob.htm

Cyrus951 07-04-2004 07:24 PM

Cool thanks, I'll pick one up.

Do you know where the adjustment tab is located for the front shocks?

tazman 07-04-2004 07:29 PM

Yeah right on top in the engine compartment. There should be a black cap over it that you just pull off.

Cyrus951 07-04-2004 07:42 PM

I'm heading down to adjust them now with a pair of pliers, thanks :D

Cyrus951 07-04-2004 08:08 PM

Wow, that was easy.

Am I just suppoused to turn those little nipples on the top both all the way clockwise?

Thanks

adrial 07-04-2004 08:24 PM

Yup, thats it.

The only thing about doing it with pliars is to make sure you dont overdo it and damage the internal adjuster...