Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

2nd post, car runs rich and stubles at rpm over my head!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 02:42 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you said you didn't want to, but just take it to a porsche guy. This problem could be anything, from DME ,injectors, you name it. Something this obvious could be diagnosed quickly, instead of getting all kinds of speculation. You'll sleep better.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:28 PM
ewainwright
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that it problem could be just about anything; however, check what you can before taking it to a Porsche guy. I've experienced a similar problem (albeit not as extreme) with plug wires
Old 07-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Right, these cars are not for your average shade-tree mechanic. If you didn't have a pre-purchase inspection done already, now's the time to take it to someone who really knows 944s, before you get in too deep.

The way some guys talk it's really easy to work on these cars, but I disagree. Anyone can take an engine apart and put it back together. What's hard is putting it back together so it will last for years.

It takes a lot of training, raw talent and experience to make a good mechanic. I've done a lot of wrenching, but I know I'm an amateur at best. I can't afford to do much more than the simplest jobs on my car.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:15 AM
951carter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you have a leak in the intake tract, probably in the J-boot or intercooler hoses
Old 07-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 951carter
It sounds like you have a leak in the intake tract, probably in the J-boot or intercooler hoses
I agree...Start with the cheap fixes first like cracked J-boots and vacuum lines then progress to the more expensive things like the fuel pressure regulator. Are your injectors leaking perhaps? Sounds like you have a combination of problems but with a little patience you can figure it out.

Clark's Garage has most of the procedures and, in addition to the vast amount of knowledge here, can be a life saver.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: 2nd post, car runs rich and stubles at rpm over my head!!!!