Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have mail
Old 07-01-2004, 07:04 PM
baron951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with songzzz. You may be out of range on your voltage example when I was trying to tune my LR Maf II I had the voltage perameter wrong causing the 52# injectors to max out strange I tell you. What I mean about the o2 sensor is that if it is hooked up to the DME as in the stock configuration. (not sure how yours is I am using the 3 wire stock one as an example) the DME will and I repat will fight your tuneing. The o2 in my set up is used only to give me an air fuel reading not to feed information to the DME Some one who has set this up should be able to give more input one thing I also noticed is that this does not happen in all cases I spent hours and hours trying to tune the damn thing with the o2 sensor feeding the DME
Old 07-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

WTF! Most WBO2 have their own control box; who would be stupid enough to hook up a WBO2 to the wire on the DME to try to tune a car? Isn't that the whole purpose of having a seperate system to make sure the car is tuned correctly?

Out of range? The voltage only goes to 4.90 on the scale, tops at 5.0 and yo have control of -.10 to +.10. It is a fuel issue, MAF wire #7 is the one you cut and redo IIRC, but that is all relative to the amount of fuel the Mafterburner thinks its pushing in along with the voltage. Those would be the flow numbers in upper part of the screen. Don't make it any harder than it actually is...think about the hookup, what you spliced and what you changed.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:33 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea Ski, we are thinking on the same wave link. Thanks for all your help. I got everything running tonight and on my way to a good tune. The software is pretty easy to use once you know how. Thanks again. By the way, I got home tonight and the car wouldn't start at all no matter what map I used. Turned out I had a collapsed fuel line. I was lucky to find the problem.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:07 AM
DrRon
Instructor

por951turbo

Npw that you are running, would you be able to share the file map you have? We are in the process of rebuilding the engine (after I had decided to test whether the engine could run 7,500 rpm :-)), and we will be adding a T03B turbo,and we already had the 55 injectors, so it sounds like your map might be a good starting point - not looking for ideal tune, just a starting point that would enable us to run in the engine .

Could send it to r.verheijen@wanadoo.nl.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:08 AM
DrRon
Instructor

Oh, as a floow-on - we have a Lindsey MAF kit St3, and mafterburner (you might get confused by the signature).
Old 07-02-2004, 06:31 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dr. Ron, I hope to get my map to Dave at LR for posting and then we have a Stage III on the race car with 55# inj and I hope to have that map as well for Dave to put on the website within the month, if that helps.

The last map of Daves on the website is the one I started with. I had to add about 15% fuel to get my car to idle and start up. Then I was able to tune a 14.7 at idle, had friend watch the laptop and control the data logging, and it took about 4 runs to get the car safe. I started with about 10 psi and then went up from there to 16, which is where my street car is. The race car will get 18 psi on race gas.

Kevin glad you got up and running! Just remember after you go offline, save the table.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:51 AM
DrRon
Instructor

hello Ski,

I will watch the digital fuel map area on the LR site for them to appear. I had at first thought of starting with the first map Dave has on the site, as it sounded prettty close to our set up (#55 injectors, big exhaust, comparable turbo).
Old 07-14-2004, 05:37 AM
DrRon
Instructor

Ski,

update on this -
our engine was completely redone, and we took the opportunity to install the LR 61 turbo (T04B), plus WBO and Mafterburner.
Downloaded Dave's 55 map (for our 55 injectors), and tried to start the engine - it needed a bit of help, as it sounded as if it was very lean. When the engine was idling, the AF reading was between 18 and 19, and the bandwidth to enrichen the engine did not allow us to go below 16. We cut the engine, and I remembered that the Guru chips were still set for the 55 injectors. When we had set those for standard chips, and fired her up again, we could regulate from AF 12 and up, so we could set the idle and first 2,000 revs to a proper AF. Time to go to the track to run in the engine, and tune some more, but it looks like the 55 map on the site is a good starting point.

Sometime, I will post pictures of the front bumper, splitter and the GT3R wing!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:33 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yea, I had to tear my car down again. The newly rebuilt turbo was leaking and my air/oil seperator o-rings decided they did not like the increase in pressure. We did have the car tuned pretty well before we pulled the turbo back. Hopefully I can finish by the end of next week and I too will send my map to Dave.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear everyone is getting along so well....and sorry others are not - por951turbo, check the "track car pics" thread on the next page over and see what we ran into. The block is coming out today on the track car.

I didn't get a chance to send my file to Dave, just too much going on with the 4th. I'll get it done in a week when I get home.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:20 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

I saw what you guys are dealing with. Sorry to see that, but hey at least it didn't happen in the middle of a track day. Your car will be better then new when you guys get it done.

And I thought my turbo swap was bad!!!

Quick Reply: Mafterburner