Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Does the cycling valve and its bracket need to come off to get the head off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the cycling valve and its bracket need to come off to get the head off?

I got the cam tower off, (stupid me for only ordering the head gasket and not ordering the cam tower gasket or for the ones where the coolant lines attach to the top of the head), but the only thing from preventing the head from coming off is all the vacum lines that run through this bracket that is attached to the head. The cycling alve is attached to it also. I unbolted the valve, but because of all the hard lines going into it I was afraid to break anything. I tried a half hearted attempt at trying to get at the only visible bolt i could see on the barcket. Does anyone know if there is more than one bolt on this bracket? Hopefull not because i can't get at the one bolt I can see.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we left ours on but, removed the venturi tube and the braket that mounts to the head
Old 06-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there only one bolt? Its a good thing you just finished up your head gasket. I can go to school on you!
Old 06-27-2004, 10:00 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its going to be a little hard to see but, there are actually two bolt's that hold that bracket to the head. You might have to have someone hold all of those hoses outta your way so you can see it.

I think it's like a 13mm I used a socket on it with a extension...wasen't that hard to remove.

Quick Reply: Does the cycling valve and its bracket need to come off to get the head off?