Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cigarette Lighter Wiring Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 11:50 AM
Paulyboyy
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cigarette Lighter Wiring Issue

Hey guys, i’m pretty new to the forum and forums in general so hello everybody i’m happy to be here.

Anyway i bought an 89’ turbo about a month ago and a day after ownership i was cleaning up the inside and uh randomly a fire started. The fire melted the heater core a bit along with some wires in the area. So i’ve been working on that for the past while.

I have fixed all the wiring except for one red wire coming off the cigarette lighter. I just don't know where it goes and i’m not fully sure how to read the wiring diagrams properly ( pretty sad considering i’m an electrician) Anyways if someone could help me out a bit that would be cool. I’ll provide a picture of the wiring diagram , thanks.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:20 AM
JC951
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not totally sure, but I think it runs down to the harness for the radio. I just recently cut my radio harness down (no radio in the car anymore) because it was a mess of wires from previous owners who spliced in an updated connector to a newer head unit and it wouldn't allow me to put the cubby in the bottom portion. Now when I plug my adapter into the lighter to charge my phone, it wont work.

But thats maybe a spot to look for a connection.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:55 AM
Paulyboyy
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right on man thanks, ill have a look at it today

Quick Reply: Cigarette Lighter Wiring Issue