Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

headlight parts question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 01:30 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight parts question

So I'm repairing some minor right front body damage to an '87 951 I picked up. Passenger side fender, hood, headlight bucket.

My question concerns the headlight and what is the same between 944 normal and 944 turbo, S2, etc. bodywork. I know the headlight door lid is different... how about the actual mechanism/bucket itself? I got used parts from a boneyard and they bolt up fine but it (the headlight) is just too far towards the edge of the car with almost no gap on the fender side and it doesn't line up with the outer hood line. Before I started fooling with it I thought I would ask and perhaps save myself aggravation. Is the bucket different between the cars? How about the little pieces on either side that it rotates on that bolt up with 3 bolts each? Maybe the little bushings that go on either end of the rotating bar are different between the cars? Anyone know?

thanks much
Old 06-19-2004, 01:37 PM
ewainwright
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the orientation of that triangular bracket against the inner fender wall and the other end. While they both similar regardless when intalling there are not Good Luck ed

Quick Reply: headlight parts question