Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

So what's the latest on "go-to" mods for a stock 951?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 12:55 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what's the latest on "go-to" mods for a stock 951?

I've been away from the 951 scene for about a year now since I sold my '86 and since I am in the market, I'd kind of like to get a feel for what the latest mods are for our cars. I know when I left, Danno's map-link setup was starting off and Guru Racing chips were the end all in chip upgrades. MAF units were starting to get a bad name since adjustability was a nightmare and trying to use an ARM-III (i think it was) and an MBC together were just cause for a horrible a/f ratio. I know a lot of folks were upgrading to the 55# injectors and 3BAR FPR.

There is a lot of older info in the archives, but what is the latest? Did Luke ever get his 930? Is Rage2 still around with his beast of a car? I remember reading about Huntley going under and noticied Anderson Motorworks is getting up and running. Anyone here take that path yet? Is the Lindsey Boost Enhancer still the best bang for buck bolt-on out there? Did TonyG ever sell that supercharged 968 or that red 951 and get his 993turbo?

Hopefully some guys on here remember me vaguely and can fill me in what I've missed in the past year. It's definately good to be back here on rennlist. I've missed you guys and this great community.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:57 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vitesseracing.com's stage to kit is supposed to be the best bolt on kit out there- I myself have purchased it, and should have the install finished tonight and dynod on Sunday- I'll let ya know what I think...

Old 06-18-2004, 01:48 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha I'm still here. The beast is now running a 2.8L big bore with Anderson Motorworks parts .
Old 06-18-2004, 03:16 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Tony G sold his red car to MySwiss, dont know about the 968. I think it sold as well, no word on the 933tt. We miss you Tony!

Luke is a punk , still has his 951 which has been for sale forever. He is moving to LA to try and be the next "Clay Aiken" No 930.

Anderson doesnt hang around these parts much, and you can read up in the archives on why that is. Derrek is gone, but one of his engines originally destined for the zebra is on ebay as we speak.

I like long walks on the beach and.............

Quick Reply: So what's the latest on "go-to" mods for a stock 951?