Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Opinions on purchase: '88 951 for sale/55k miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 11:51 AM
GWTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

IMO, $14,900 for a non-S model is a little high, regardless of mileage. I paid slightly less than that amount early this year for my '88 Turbo S which had 61,000 miles on the odometer.

Wait until the auction is over and make the owner an offer outside of ebay. I don't think he will get his "buy it now" price. This will also give you some extra time to have the car carefully inspected.

Good luck!

Greg W.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by GWTurboS
Wait until the auction is over and make the owner an offer outside of ebay. I don't think he will get his "buy it now" price. This will also give you some extra time to have the car carefully inspected.
Good idea, because I'd be willing to bet, and almost guarentee, that the asking/buy it now price isn't reached.

I sold my white 944 over ebay in that same "manner". The guy made an offer after the auction and we settled it then.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:56 PM
CWALLCARS

Thanks to all that replied. This is truly the BEST forum, and i'm fortunate to get everyones insight.

Well, I have decided based on all comments that I will pass on this car... the accidents concern me, and certainly based on input from this thread, the price seems high. And the color is one of my last choices. I did like that the car was close to original stock condition and had low miles.

So... anyone that knows of a well sorted out and clean example of
944 Turbo, preferably "S" model, and in Silver, Black, or Gray within my budget of $14K (a little less is located outside of California), let me know.

Thanks again to all and I look forward to going the ranks of 951 Turbo owners soon.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

CWALLCARS,
you'll have to meet up with the rest of us local 944 guys. look for So Cal get togethers pop up on the boards every once and a while.
~Eyal

Quick Reply: Opinions on purchase: '88 951 for sale/55k miles