Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Enclosed trailer tie down methods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 07:09 PM
Turbo Dog
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Enclosed trailer tie down methods?

I have an enclosed trailer that my 944 Turbo fits in with only about 1 foot extra on each end. The trailer has a tie down hook in each corner but they aren't far enough in front of the car to stop forward movement. First time loading it I put axel straps on the rear and crossed the ratchet straps, Then put a strap through a rear wheel and ran it forward to a tie down. Car stayed put but I'm wondering if there are better solutions. I have a set of those tracks with slots and special wheel straps, but I don't think there is enough room to ratchet them into place.

Slotted tracks
Old 05-30-2024, 12:17 AM
Apexdreamer54
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long is this trailer? I’m planning on trailering a 924s for track day purposes, sounds like this trailer is just the right length.

Thanks for the help…..
Old 05-30-2024, 10:17 AM
Turbo Dog
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The parking area inside the trailer is 16ft long with a bathroom/kitchenette in the front. It was purchased for a different shorter car and I would suggest adding another 2ft for a 924/944 and two more tie down points in the middle. The four corner ones would work better if the trailer had that little bit of more length. The garage part stops just in front of that side entry door, the rest is the bathroom/kitchenette, overall the trailer is 24ft long.

Last edited by Turbo Dog; 05-30-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Enclosed trailer tie down methods?