Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

For those of you with a Rogue Direct DME - Caution!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 09:27 PM
rkb58
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default For those of you with a Rogue Direct DME - Caution!

My '87 3.0L track car ran well, PO had done the 3L build with Rogue Direct DME which allows a lot of tuning.

Earlier this year, car would not start. No tach, so I condemned the flywheel reference sensor and wiring. Replaced, no go. Swapped DME with a stock spare, car fired right up. Of course, it did not run well with the Rogue MAF and injectors.

So, I condemned the ECU. Transferred the Rogue outboard DME to a known good DME, still no go. Took the outboard DME apart, there is a soldered in 3V lithium battery inside.

I am thinking that the program in the outboard DME is "gone" with dead backup battery. The battery is soldered in.

The car came with a PC for Rogue tuning access. Now that PC won't start up. Not a problem, I thought, I have the tuning access software installed in a newer PC. "Maybe" the basic tune is stored on the "maybe" still functional hard drive in that old PC.

So, caution to other users if any still out there. Back up your tune. Replace that battery.

And, If anyone has a basic Rogue tune for 3L 80lb injectors that they could send, I would appreciate it.!

The following 2 users liked this post by rkb58:
alengyel (09-21-2023), Jay Wellwood (09-15-2023)

Quick Reply: For those of you with a Rogue Direct DME - Caution!