Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rear Lens Update Thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:49 AM
jyoon
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Lens Update Thing

I just bought this car Saturday and it had the red plastic lens that covers the original license plate area. I know some of you make this mod on purpose, but this is a huge pain in my ****. I'd like to move the license plate back to the original location and there are 4 huge holes that held this lens on. Is this the reason i sometimes see stickers on both sides of the license plate? Talking to a couple budies, i guess i gotta have the holes welded shut, bondoed, then repainted, i guess on the bumper also. Just curious, any idea how much this should cost? I want to put it back to original because i think it looks better, but my main reason is getting pulled over at night cause there is no light on the license plate.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:02 AM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here, i'd like to install the rear plates back betwwen the lights, but when the car got repainted the shop did not remove the middle lens out to paint under it, so if and when i do remove the lens, it'll be a different shade of white.
any suggestions on how to fix this or at least make it look decent? and no please no "fast and furious stuff"
the car just arrived here in germany and i don't have the option of type of plates i'll receive from the military, might be the standard american size or the long euro stlye ones.
if i do receive the latter of the two, it'll be no or little problem.
tia.
ps. the shop that did my paint and body also screwed the rear plates onto the lower ummmmmm...........louvre? spoiler?......... don't know what's it called.
again tia

Quick Reply: Rear Lens Update Thing