Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Needing new passenger front fender.... PLEASE....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing new passenger front fender.... PLEASE....

Some DI**HEAD backed into my car in the parking lot the other night- I
have several questions....

1. will someone look VERY closely at the TOP edge of EACH FRONT marker light- I need to know- is the cut-out SLIGHTLY curved just above the marker lense? Mine is, so, I'm not sure if THAT panel was somehow affected, ,as well as the fender panel- I looked at the driver side, &, it ALSO appears to be SLIGHTLY curved above the marker- I'm referring to the actual cut-out opening that the lense fits into- mine are both curved, just BARELY- I can't tell if the passenger side is slightly moreso or not- I'm REALLY hoping that the ONLY panel affected was the right fender & NOT part of the wrap-around bumper- even so, I'm not positive I'll buy a new bumper, UNLESS I can find a nice, safe, LIGHTWEIGHT alternative that fits well & is simple to install, for a reasonable price- anyone? Are CF &/or FG bumpers safe at all- I mean, as far as protecting ENGINE parts, radiator, IC, etc standpoint? I don't know much about this, but, have been told that PART of the weight reduction from CF/FG bumpers is due to the removal of the bumper SHOCKS- is this true? Do ANY of the CF/FG bumpers USE bumper shocks? I'm looking for a nice light CF/FG hood too- BUT, I'm concerned w/noise, fit & finish, simplicity, price, etc- these are tangent questions I'm asking, only b/c I plan to repaint the whole front nose when I get the new fender...

2. Where can I get a nice 951/S2 PASSENGER fender? Anyone have a ballpark on how much they SHOULD cost- New? Used? Any input would be GREATY appreciated....

Thanks
Robby
Old 05-19-2004, 09:19 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Try Billy at AutoTechPlus (877) 445-1503

Quick Reply: Needing new passenger front fender.... PLEASE....