Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Turbo Upgrade ?'s....T61, T66, T60-1, others?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 01:38 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what you have to understand is most people are full of ****. I rode in this car with this setup.....I have this expeirence yada yada yada. Most people speak some truth and then they always have to make the story a little sweeter with some "extra's". Now that Fast has said the only non quick spool one's are the early one's in europe. I am sure our friend will come back and say yada yada yada.

You posted a great question...and I would never doubt anyone's knowledge cause I consider myself a rookie as well but, please don't throw in the extra buill**** to try and make your argument carry more weight.

Once again this is by no means a personal attack. Please don't take it that way. I am very sad to say that almost every car guy I have ever met was at least a little full of ****. For some reason no matter how good the story is or statement they always feel the need to make it just a little bit better. Hence when someone was saying that they didnt think you knew what you were talking about you added the extra's as I call it.

For the record their is no kit or turbo on the planet that can say you will have "x" hp @ "x" rpm. It's all a gamble. I can say that your "friends" kit's either werent real one's and they were bs'ing you or you are seriously misinformed about the vitesse kit's. It's obvious by the people who do run their kit's and who are on this board that they not only make the power but, leave the customer satisfied. You can bear witness to this because you yourself have seen some of these very said customer's come out and give real world knowledge of the kit and how happy they are with it. If the vitesse kit's forwhatever reason aren't for you that's totally cool just don't post bogus information. In my opinion it's very unprofessional.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:12 AM
turbo951fan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. What is very important too is that the car is setup in correct way. If somebody would drive my car right now it would feel right and still fast. To me it's a slow snail as it has a boost leak somwhere. I found out what it was and the car is fast again.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:26 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That is so true John. It also makes the whole modding thing interesting and funny at times. Often its a case of one bull****ter defending their bull**** against another bull****ters bull****. When you are so invested in the project or particular mod, I imagine its hard to face reality that its a pile of ****e or not what others expect it should be. Good call.

Quick Reply: Turbo Upgrade ?'s....T61, T66, T60-1, others?