Mistake on asking price..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 09:49 PM
iborroel
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mistake on asking price..

All,

I posted that I was selling my car this past week due to personal reasons. I made a mistake on how much I was asking for the car. I previously put that I was looking for 12K but I am actually looking to get 10K. Thanks.

Here are some specs:

1986 944 turbo
CCW Wheels: 17x9 with 255/40/17 Kumho Victoracers (New) - Front
17x10 with 275/40/17 Kumho Victoracers (one event) - Rear
Cup Replicas: 17x7.5 with 225/45/17 Kumho Victoracers (one event) - Front
17x9
Stage 4 Huntley MAF w/ARC II
T4 Garrett
Straight Intercooler Pipes with Godzilla Blow Off Valve
Baffled Oil Pan
Safety Devices Roll Bar w/ Provisions For Roll Cage
Sparco EVO III Race Seat
Two M&R Five Point Harness (Need to Find Sub Belts)
Momo Steering Wheel
Rear Seat Removed
Rear Hatch Carpet Removed
Bilstein Coilovers Recently Installed (Car Needs to be aligned)
Front - AK1120/AK1121 Valving: 600 Rebound/180 Compression
Rear - AK37354 Valving: 565 Rebound/218 Compression
H&R Springs: 500lb and 600lb
Adjustable Camber Plates
Racers Edge Delrin Inner/Outer Spring Plate Bushings
Lightened Pressure Plate
Clutch With Higher Clamping Force includes "Cup" disc
etc....

I also have all the receipts for work done on the car since I have owned it which is January of '99.

If you need any more information please get in touch with me. Thanks.

Ignacio
Old 05-16-2004, 11:02 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what mileage is on it?
if it's anymore than 50 - 60K miles it's way too much.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:35 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by emwporsche
what mileage is on it?
if it's anymore than 50 - 60K miles it's way too much.
Well thats one persons opinion.

I know Ignacio's car and the people who have worked on it and at 10K I think that is actually good value.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:53 PM
iborroel
Burning Brakes

emwporsche: The chasis has 120K+ but the engine has at most 5K miles. Like OZ951 had mentioned it's all a person's opinion on whether a price is too high or not. If the car doesn't sell then I will keep it and continue to attend DE's and autocrosses when time permits. If you are looking for a car good luck in your search.

OZ951: How's it going Wayne? I have a few questions for you about how the sell went for your the grey 951. Did you use Ebay?

Ignacio
Old 05-17-2004, 12:25 AM
icat
Race Car

Hey Wayne - you back in the land of OZ now?

And I agree with you - 10K to 12K, depending on condition, is in the ballpark for any 951. There are cheap 951's out there - but you're gonna pay through the nose to bring them up to spec. I personally wouldn't consider anything less than 12K for mine - and it isn't for sale.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Very well maintained 951s can command a VERY high cost. Its a niche market. With the maintenance and mods he has invested in the car, i dont think 10k would be too much to ask even if the car had 200k miles.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:51 AM
dime1622
I never notice, anyway
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i had 10k id be all over it. hell, if i had 5k id sell mine and buy it
Old 05-17-2004, 12:54 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a good buy to me to. I am tired of bargin hunters trying to devalue the price of the 951. Good and well modded ones are worth lots.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:04 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am certainly not an expert and I haven't seen it, but I would say that car is definitely could be worth 10k. That is an excellent list of mods for a very fast track car. He could probably part out the mods and wheels for 3-4k.

Max
Old 05-17-2004, 07:28 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ignacio - you have mail.

Hey Keith, yes I am now in Adelaide and getting myself settled in. My current turbo is no where near as fast as my yellow one but will have to do for a while. The yellow one is somewhere between Africa and the US right now -clearly on a slow boat, buts thats ok as I am still setting up the new garage.

Glad to see that a few other people chimed in on this thread, some peoples expectations of what you should get for 10K are way off the mark in my opinion. I know quite a few people have learned the hard way that maintaining a 951 can get very expensive very quickly and so a well maintained car should command a reasonable price. As for mileage - it is not the be all- end all indicator of how good a car is or isn't. I suspect a few people have missed out on good cars thanks to a pre-occupation with low miles. Its a factor to consider but should be considered in conjunction with the rest of the facts.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:17 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I would have to agree that $10K sounds like a steal for that car. Sorry to hear that you have to sell.................................
Old 05-17-2004, 04:08 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would agree as well. If you can find a well maintained 60K mile car with these mods in excellent shape for $10K or less, more power to you. In my neck of the woods, a $10K 951 with these mods usually looks like hell and has tons of problems (i.e., is someone's ill-conceived, unfinished project).
Old 05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
iborroel
Burning Brakes

KLR: There is nothing wrong with the car. I had mentioned that this was not your concours or street/daily driver. The body is in good condition but needs a good wax to bring it up to snuff. Since it was a DE/autocross car I never cared how the paint looked. I was eventually going to have it repainted. The interior is a bit dirty but can be made to look good again if I felt the need. Again I was going to take everything out since this was going to be a full time DE/autocross car. I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the engine. How can you say that this is my "ill-conceived, unfinished project". I do agree that I haven't had a chance to paint it or strip the interior. Because of this you could say it's unfinished. But the engine is running just fine and I have had no problems with the car. The last DE I attended in October the car ran flawlessly. Since then I have been too busy with work to attend any events. I work late during the week and so my weekends are for my wife. For personal reasons I am trying to sell this car for only 10K OBO. I wasn't trying to scam anyone by jacking up the price. I just wanted to get something that I thought was fair. If it's too much for someone then look somehwere else. If someone is interested they can get in touch with me.

Ignacio
Old 05-17-2004, 06:13 PM
icat
Race Car

May have to eat my words here...
At 10K the car should be in good running condition with no body work required and all components operational. The interior should be well maintained and free of major rips, tears, or issues. A repaint should not be required and the finish should be serviceable with only minor paint chip issues present. If modded, the new items should be functional and not interfere with original equipment. If sold as a race or DE vehicle, then the mods are the most important feature and the cost of duplicating the car should be considered. The value of a race vehicle will be less than the cost to duplicate (usually by quite a bit), but the final value "may" be more than a stock vehicle. However, the highest price will generally be obtained for a stock car in concours condition. This price level will fluctuate greatly from one month to the next.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally posted by iborroel
How can you say that this is my "ill-conceived, unfinished project". I do agree that I haven't had a chance to paint it or strip the interior. Because of this you could say it's unfinished.
Ignacio
Reread his post, that's not what he said. You are reacting to something you misunderstood.

-Joel.

Quick Reply: Mistake on asking price..