Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Houston Texas Dent\Paint Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 10:55 AM
Bill Lynch
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Houston Texas Dent\Paint Repair

I have an 88 guards red turbo. the drivers door has a crease/dent below and running under the side view mirror. I'm looking for leads on shops in the area that have positive feedback from our community. I will be taking out the door and removing all the panels, glass, regulator and mirror assembly. Hoping to find a competent facility that can accomplish a paint free dent repair, current paint is original.
In the future I may look at these recommended shops to refresh the front bumper cover, valance and headlight covers and mirrors which are showing some pretty good road rash. All in all my car is in nice shape and these have always bugged me a bit.

Bill

Old 03-14-2023, 10:52 AM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

In my experience, the "Paintless Dent Repair" (PDR) guys usually work independently and that's all they do; I would be surprised if you find a full body / paint shop that does that. If so, they may have someone come in. Body shops tend to prefer getting the whole job: remove original paint & repaint the panel (door, in your case).

It can be hard to find a PDR guy. Up here, I found a good one.. took a while. Every single body shop I went to said it couldn't be done and that a complete job is required. I found a PDR guy through online searching and he popped the dent out just as I expected.

If you find someone, post it and spread the word. These PDR guys can do wonders and save big $$ compared to body shops--not to mention keep the original finish and protection that goes with it
Old 03-20-2023, 07:32 PM
Rob 3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try Google-ing Paintless Dent Repair, Houston. Three popped up near central Houston . One appears to have been in business for 20 years.
Dent Sharks appear to be mobile.
I'm in Nashville and have looked for PDR the same way (by Google search) and had luck in the past. The guys that do this a lot do amazing work....I've personally never been disappointed and have used 4 different guys over 16 years.
Not exactly what you were looking for but just thought I'd share my experience..

Quick Reply: Houston Texas Dent\Paint Repair