Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Nuerburgring lap times

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually the 996TT had faster times than any other car and this was with a restricted engine ( read below). It was 13 sec per lap fatser.
8:19min. for the 996TT and
8:32. min for the BMW. This is for the Nordschleife AND the F1 track.
It is about 6:51 for the Nordschleife only.
This is not about the same time, not at this level and not at Nürburgring
Check the qualifying times for 2003 and 2004. Thats why BMW and other teams wanted to have the 996TT out of the race. After many fans in Europe were very upset about this decission they decided to let them race but with 50% less boost and much more weight. Anyway it was still faster in the qualifying. Unfortunately so much torque that it needs more than one gearboxes per race ;-) and the 2004 race was full of rain so not much luck. The BMW had a traction control which was perfect for the rain.
take a lok on teh video and see the difference in full speed at Dotinger Höhe.
In the corner is about teh same. out of teh corners the 996 comes much faster-> much more torque
Due to the much less boost and the higher weight Manthey arcing decided to go to a 996 GT3RS and left their 996 TT. With an unrestricted engine and no weight penalty the Factory cars from BMW Audi and Opel would even come to teh arce sinc etehy new that they had no chance. Thats why they wanted to bann the "Monster" (as they call it in Europe) of the race

Konstantin
Old 02-15-2005, 09:31 AM
davyboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I analysed the Nordshliefe part of the lap only for both DVDs and got the same time......but this did not include DH ot the GP track....and it's not an exact science!

I used the folowing link to get the lap sections http://www.joerundseim.com/en/nuerbu...aptimes-1.html

Track Section M3 secs 996 secs
Antoniusbuche - T13: The old start/finish.......27..............27
T13 - Hocheichen........................................32...............32
Hocheichen - The bridge after Aremberg.......45...............45
Aremberg - Metzgesfeld...............................42...............43
Metzgesfeld - Ex-Mühle................................47...............47
Ex-Mühle - Bergwerk....................................15..............14
Bergwerk - Steilstrecke.................................46..............46
Steilstrecke - Hohe Acht................................33..............33
Hohe Acht - Pflanzgarten 1.............................51.............51
Pflanzgarten 1 - End of Pflanzgarten II.............22.............22
Pflanzgarten II - Gantry at Dottinger-Höhe........35.............34

Dave
Old 02-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Sami951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last summer I managed something like 10:20 BTG (with a mildly modified 951), but then again I know I'm not a very fast guy. It was my second time there

A friend clocked a few laps at around 9:30 BTG (with a mildly modified 951 S), his first time ever on the ring... not too bad I think! Of course these times are just for the Nordschleife, and there was some traffic.

Next summer I hope to get close to 9:30 BTG, but will be satisfied with anything below 10 minutes
Old 02-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Video from the BMW is from the 24H and the fastets time was 8:32 either race or qualifying the BMW was NEVER faster than this time and this is the official report. If you look at the video it makes a time about 8.22 so something is wrong
the 996 TT made the 8:19 many times not only at the 24H but also at the VLN ( endurace championship) where they race many times a year.
So maybe it looks as fast but in reality the times are different and 13 sec are just to much to say both car are about same fast

Konstantin

Quick Reply: Nuerburgring lap times