Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ignore this post

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004 | 04:58 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NZ, I saw it before i read what you said. At least they could have gone with a clean cut, one action instead of what they did.
Old 05-12-2004 | 05:30 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

anyway, change of tone, this was a happy, goof post...
Notice a post with the title "ignore this post" has 400 views since yesterday? whats wrong with us?
~Eyal
Old 05-12-2004 | 05:31 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

We have to keep this one going as long as possible.
Old 05-12-2004 | 05:47 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

If you were around for the last infamous "ignore this" post, you know that record will forever stand. I think it went to 78 pages and 1200 posts or some ungodly number like that.
Old 05-12-2004 | 05:58 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

i'm aware. in OT
I was but a wee lurker then.
~Eyal
Old 05-13-2004 | 06:41 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry you saw it Eyal! Nasty stuff...
Old 05-13-2004 | 04:24 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by BoostGuy951
We have to keep this one going as long as possible.
Nooo, we don't!
Old 05-13-2004 | 04:56 PM
z3bra
Racer

I've seen a similar video of a Chechen rebel getting similar treatment. That one is in black and white. Having seen that I'm not going to watch the Nick Berg one because I'm afraid seeing it would **** me off to the point of getting tempted to lock and load and go camp outside one of the local mosques here.

(Yeah I know they aren't directly responsible for it and No I wouldn't actually do it just in case anyone's got the perception that I'm making that threat.)

What pisses me off is the generally deafening silence by other Islamic people when stuff like this happens. While I don't personally agree with what we've done to the Iraqi prisoners, at least we're honorable enough to police our own when we're made aware of it. Do you think even the few islamic leaders that have condemned the murder of Nick Berg would really do anything about it if they had the 5 guys that did it in their custody? I don't for even a second.

Frankly, I don't think the majority of abuses toward the prisoners in Iraq that are being reported as "appaling" are any worse than many fraternity hazing pranks and the like. Not saying that makes it right but it does put it into perspective. The fact that the brutal murder of Nick Berg is being overshadowed by the prisoner abuse by most major media outlets only one day later absolutely disgusts me. The fact that the abuses are being publicized and politicized as they are because it's an election year is largely to blame. Sorry to say it but Nick Berg's blood is on the hands of anyone that's using the Iraqi prisoner abuses for political posturing. That means the Democratic party pretty much at this time. I'm a libertarian so while I often have fault with both parties, this time it's the left leaning one that's at fault by and large.

When I was in the military, we had a saying: What goes on "in house" stays "in house." (not to be confused with the Las Vegas commercials of course).

These allegations were already being handled via the UCMJ and prosecuted there. Publicizing it does nothing to help the situation of our troops in Iraq. It only makes it harder for them as what little rapport and trust they'd begun to build with the layperson in Iraq has been eroded by the publication of the abuse photos. Even if you're opposed to the whole operation there, chances are you don't harbor direct ill will toward the soldiers and even civilians on the ground over there. Don't indirectly turn your malice toward them by supporting politicians who have sought to discredit the current administration with such venom that they are cheapening the lives of the soldiers over there. If your electe representatives are guilty of grandstanding this crap, vote em out ASAP. Do what you have to do to get the corrupted filth out of Washington DC regardless of their party affiliation.

Ok, off the soap box and sorry for politicizing the issue, but stuff like this pisses me off to no end. God we have our head up our *** as a country and it's time we did something about it instead of just accepting the status quo.

And if nothing else I'm equal opportunity when it comes to hating politicians. They're all crooked and bought regardless of party affiliation, some are just worse than others.
Old 05-13-2004 | 05:35 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Hey you know I support that war....war is hell but sometimes necessary!!And in this case it deffinitelly was..Sadddam had to come down and as far as now...you have so many factions fighting in Iraq if US would pull out it would be pure caos!!!no we need to stay avenge the murder of Mr Berg and stay strong and..while I am not racis or prjudist..I have to say the people there are a bit backwards and can not be left unguided. I mean really look at what they support..how civilized can they be when they can't even come out of the dark ages..hanging dead bodies on bridges..they are not civilized nor do they know what to do with natural resources..I say US shoud stay there longer and ..fu@* the media. I mean come on..they are condemning the prison about (and that was fu@*% up..especially what the woman MP did to them..degradin..no man should have to go thru that.).but that does't justify the murder....I mean come on you piece **** backward fu@*&..if youre going to kill a man kill him don't torture him..couldn't those sick bastards and sons of goats..(wait..goats are too noble to be their mother's..maggots..that's better) at least shoot him...I would love a minute with each of those little 5'6 to 5'8 hairy cowards...this 6''4 230 lbs will rip them to shreads!!!!!!!!!BOMB THEM..litereally drop bombs on any known location of their camps!!
just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Ignore this post