Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 05:00 AM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate white people

that's right.
Myself included.
Anyway after the topic is changed by a moderator................

I go to jiffy lube today to get my oil changed (I live in APTs and it's raining bad) the car goes on the dyno the next day and I want new lube in it.
So I pull up and a 20 yr old kid (my age) runs up and says, Oh sorry we don't work on Porsches.
- What? what do you mean you don't work on Porsches?
Well, they are too expensive.
- Are you serious?
Yes. you're going to have to go to the dealer.
- whatever.

so then I drive around for another hour looking for another oil change place.

I find one, another Jiffy lube (but I think they are all independently owned so they all have different rules)

I pull in. a kid runs up and says to park it and leave the key in so they can move it. I promptly remove the key and tell him to let me know when they need to move it (factory lowered 1.5" and air splitter = 0" ground clearance)

I wait inside for half an hour or more. A guy asks what make model and I come to find out, they don't have the right oil filter for my car, or mobil 1. Well I have a new filter at home. what time is it? 5 min till closing, sorry you're out of luck.

so an entire half day wasted.
and the stupid part was that they were working on $20,000+ car while telling me NO.

well suck it Trebeck!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

.hence me allways doing my own oil changes and work!!!..go to e bay..they have great deal on oil filter packs ...allways do your own work..nothing better than a job well done..and you know you did it!!!I took it to Wally world(Wallmart) and as soon I saw the young employees I chaged my mind......went home and did it mysel in less than 15 minutes and the only reason it took so long was becouse I waited for the oil to drain completly!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:45 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats is got to do with white people?
Old 05-11-2004, 06:06 AM
Madant26x
Racer

Originally posted by NZ951
Exactly
Old 05-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Chill.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:56 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally I wouldn't let some 5 doller an hour idiot even come near my car but, that's just me. I think I would second doing your own oil changes if you couldn't find a qualified oil guy. I remember once when I was 15 and had my first 944 I took her to the local oil place and they installed the wrong oil!!!!!!!! Then charged me to change it to what I wanted in the first place(mobil 1) bastards. Ever since then I have perry do it or I myself do it. Only way to make sure it's done correctly.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:02 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second doing it yourself, even if you have to get a bit wet. I know of several occasions when people have had their oil well overfilled at those places because they just squirt in X amount and go out of their hoses. I've seen them mess up too many other things along the way as well. Sure, your car will go for a while taking poor maintenance on it, but it will eventually have problems. Heck, the Ford dealer overfilled my sister's Explorer transmission by about 1.5 quarts!!! At the dealer!! Between that and some other things they messsed up it wasn't pretty and they didn't want to fix it for free. Luckily I had worked for the owner of the business whom I called and he had a chat with his employees and all was fixed for free and she was given an apology.

There is really only 1 person in this area I would actually trust to be able to walk away from my car and them do what I asked them to on it besides myself...
Old 05-11-2004, 11:11 AM
TheJonesBoy
Advanced

There is a lot of contraversy about oil filters. The VW/Porsche/Audi ones are a LOT higher quality than the aftermarket crap from companies like fram and purolator. Take a look here: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

Some have cruddy construction, some have less filter media, and some are actually OK. If I was going to let the oil monkeys do the work, I would supply a nice dealer filter for them to install anyway.

Better luck next time!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:21 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by NZ951
Um, exactly!?

Anyway, consider doing the oil change yourself from now on. Autozone has a policy of taking back used oil if you bought/buy your new oil from them. This makes home oil changes very simple.

Buy a packet of crush washers and stock up on Mahle/Porsche filters and do it yourself. Plus, while you are under there doing the work, you can nose around and see if there are any other things that need attention (bushings, leaks, missing bolts, frayed belts, etc..............)
Old 05-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

theres only one other person thats ever touched my car. He happens to own Guru racing, so I think I can trust his knowledge, beside the fact that he tought me stuff on my own car. Thanks Danno.
Oil changes are very easy, and I wouldn't trust those retards. My dad has gone to Jiffy lube, where the forgot to fill the car up with any oil at all! they start it up, move it forward and as soon as they do, my dad shuts off the engine and double checks their work. (thats how he is) whats this, no oil on the dipstick? worthless freakin idiots. BTW, their all mexican guys here, not white.
~Eyal
Old 05-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Hey Jones Boy thaks for the study..I was about to buy a 6 pack of Purolator oil filters but now...I will only stick to Mahle,Porsche,Bosch,Mobil1 and K&N...Love this site!!
"With our power combined we save our wallets from starvation!!"
Old 05-11-2004, 05:41 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

If youre going to post some controversial subject like that so people will read your thread then atleast back it up with a decent story!

Yes, we know they guys at pepboys are idiots.
And you'd be an idiot to take your porshhh there too.

I bought a engine lift at pepboys (actually is pretty decent)
I watched the monkies try to take it apart. It was like watching monkies try to open a box to get to the banana. And they were sooo excited to get to use the impact wrench.
Then I watched a guy drive up his 993 and hand of the keys to these same monkies.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

"I bought a engine lift at pepboys (actually is pretty decent)
I watched the monkies try to take it apart. It was like watching monkies try to open a box to get to the banana. And they were sooo excited to get to use the impact wrench.
Then I watched a guy drive up his 993 and hand of the keys to these same monkies."
by Turbite

Now that's f@#*&% funny story!!! wish I could see what happend to the 993!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Judson951
Drifting

well we hate you also.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:06 PM
saxapeeel
Racer

you have been banned from the white race all together, if your lucky, maybe the albino's will take you. Otherwise, your SOL.

Quick Reply: I hate white people